new format (atleast homepage) on ptanderson.com

Started by md, March 29, 2004, 09:15:45 PM

md

check out ptanderson.com i think greg is slowly changing the interface
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Stefen

That looks really odd. Will take some time to grow on me.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

i kinda like it, i like the one before better though.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Kal

i like it.. the inside pages still look the same... and those cigar advertisings are still everywhere

Drencrom

Can't say I'm concerned with the look of the site, so long as he doesn't ever have to wipe any content from the drives. The reason I find the site so functional is that the material over time has just collected, and collected, and piled, and collected, and it's all still there, gloriously cross-referenced. We should take a moment and reflect on what a fantastically complete resource he's put together.
My motherfucker is so cool, when he goes to sleep sheep count him.

Ghostboy

Here here.

Just yesterday I happened upon a Boogie Nights era interview in which he outright said "I've done a whole lot of coke." It made me laugh a lot for some reason.

Drencrom

I was going through that one just yesterday. Also his Boogie-era sitdown with Ebert wherein he convinces the man that everyone's favorite prosthetic member is actually organic. Ebert aparrently carries a mild grudge and brings it up later during his PDL column.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: GhostboyHere here.

Just yesterday I happened upon a Boogie Nights era interview in which he outright said "I've done a whole lot of coke." It made me laugh a lot for some reason.

I saw that one yesterday too... There must be some link to it at the site, right? We couldn't have seen it the same day for no reason... right? I mean, well, strange things happen all the time and all, but...
Si

Drencrom

It is in the humble opinion of this narrator that this is not just 'something that happened'. This cannot be 'one of those things'. This, please, cannot be that.

No link on the site kids.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: DrencromIt is in the humble opinion of this narrator that this is not just 'something that happened'. This cannot be 'one of those things'. This, please, cannot be that.

No link on the site kids.

Jesus... :shock:

I saw that interview via the "Future Projects" and "Rule of The Bone" links...
Si

cjwallis

i am working on a php layout for the site with a fellow xixax'r,
complete overhaul...
the process is slow, im sending greg things as fast as i can...
make things layout alot nicer/cleaner....the home page is not complete/finished
ptanderson.com
graphics designer

boombanglarrabee

CJ, thanks (to you and Greg) for running a great site.

Drencrom

It's clearly been a labor of love, and it shows. There are a lot of us who swing by Cigs & Coffee multiple times weekly, and if there is ever any support we can contribute, you shouldn't hesitate to send up flags on the board. None of us are sitting on piles of cash, but there's no shortage of laptops and interest.

I think a lot of what makes PT's body of work interesting is the perpetual dialogue it's sparked, and I'm sure xixax is home to abundant geeks willing to put a word processor through its paces and contribute analysis, commentary, and context. When there's a dry period for news, it's somewhat up to us to crack open the Powerbooks and bolster the vibe.

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

Quote from: DrencromNone of us are sitting on piles of cash, but
Well. . . not anymore, at least.