QT in Rolling Stone

Started by A Matter Of Chance, October 18, 2003, 06:59:34 PM

modage

yeah really weird.  especially since in the new rolling stone says...

Rolling Stone:Are there any movies recently that just knocked you out?

QT: For the last five years, the two American movies that I like the most were the first Matrix and Fight Club.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02yeah really weird.  especially since in the new rolling stone says...

Rolling Stone:Are there any movies recently that just knocked you out?

QT: For the last five years, the two American movies that I like the most were the first Matrix and Fight Club.
That's even weirder. Since I expected Tarantino to go to the movies more often.....

thedog

I'm not surprised at all. Fight Club and the Matrix are movies that can kick the shit out of you the first time you see them.

Also, I think if you paid attention to the tastes of filmmakers, more often than not you'll notice that their tastes in movies are a lot more tolerant and less snobbish than that of the average movie-goer.

Especially from someone like Tarantino who speaks from pure enjoyment more than anything else.

But anyway, to be more topical. It sounds like they misquoted him, which is quite common in publications. I think he meant that it didn't affect or shock him because it was an image he'd already seen. And I think the comment on the matrix shooting in australia was really meant to be more of a funny idea than an actual diss or something.

Weak2ndAct

Or perhaps he's just jealous.  I'm sure he would have liked 300 million to do Kill Bill.