The beach boys!!!

Started by nevereven, March 13, 2003, 12:52:38 PM

Redlum

I absolutely love it. I saw them do it twice live and it was only the second time round that it really hit me. 'Child is Father of the Man' is indeed amazing. The strings they've added at the end are so powerful. And the SMiLE version of Good Vibrations makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. The build up to choir like "Aaaaaah" before the end of the song is so catchy that you forget everything. You can really hear what genius Good Vibrations is on this album.

"a teenage symphony to God".
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Voz

Quote from: MacGuffinLove The Beach Boys. Brian Wilson had so much influence on rock music and doesn't get much recognition.

Hi! I´m new here, but i hope stay for a long time.. I think the same about  B. Wilson, he made a lil diferent rock music, every time i listen any song of them, i wanna be on vacations!
What luck for the rulers that men do not think.
Adolf Hitler (1889-1945)

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

context, context, context.

picolas

Vile5

Quote from: cronopiowhy?
cause Voz is AlguienEstolamiPantalones
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

cine

Vile5

ha ha ha...
don't worry Cinephile i was kidding, in fact Voz is one of the most beautiful human beings i ever met
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Redlum

Do not buy the SMiLE DVD. Its recorded in front of a tv audience in a tv studio and the camera never stops craning and everyone looks at the camera the whole time and its lacks all the excitement soul, spirit and energy that the five minutes of footage from the Royal Festival Hall performance has. Im so annoyed.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

tpfkabi

Quote from: ®edlumDo not buy the SMiLE DVD. Its recorded in front of a tv audience in a tv studio and the camera never stops craning and everyone looks at the camera the whole time and its lacks all the excitement soul, spirit and energy that the five minutes of footage from the Royal Festival Hall performance has. Im so annoyed.

too late. i bought it. i haven't watched the concert yet, just the documentary on the making of the album.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

CCBaxter

is there a more satisfying sound on earth than that of a classic Beach Boys record?  specifically, is there a more satisfying sound than Brian Wilson's falsetto?

tpfkabi

Quote from: CCBaxteris there a more satisfying sound on earth than that of a classic Beach Boys record?  specifically, is there a more satisfying sound than Brian Wilson's falsetto?

not too dang many.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

killafilm

What does Brian Wilson want for Christmas?

http://www.brianwilson.com/

How cool is that? At least for folks who can afford to donate $100.

Weird. Oh

If I had 100 dollars I'd buy some crack. But after that, If I got another 100 dollars, I'd buy a cell phone. Then, after that 100 dollars I'd get Brian Wilson to sing on my voice mail.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.