The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Though nominations would be nice, I'm also honestly indifferent about the film winning any Oscars and don't expect it. General widespread recognition is good enough. And we pretty much got that with CMBB.

Pozer

Reel

will LINCOLN force THE MASTER to UNCHAIN DJANGO?

P Heat

I just saw the 1st full trailer. Just once.   :bravo:  wow at those Great shots! that Romanian dude is probably Paul's new BFF.
I can see the underlying humor the film's going to have , probably more than CMBB and that's awesome. alot of funny awkward shots in the trailer if you ask me. PT seems to love those moments as do I.

Here's the sons that plays in the end of the trailer BTW. Fits in nice

Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Cloudy

Cigs usually puts up a link to some high quality stills from the trailer, but didn't do it this time.

Here's some still beauty to chew on:

http://thefilmstage.com/news/study-paul-thomas-andersons-the-master-with-over-90-enthralling-high-resolution-stills/

Sleepless

I just saw it. Looks even more epic that I expected. This is a big, big film. Anticipation just got kicked up another mega notch. Might have to drive down to Austin to see this with my Xixax peeps.

P, Mod: waiting for you guys to chime in cos all I have is hyperbole.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

tpfkabi

Quote from: theyarelegion on July 19, 2012, 08:51:49 PM
That looks like Greenwood in the brown leather jacket.

Yeah, and it looks like his brother, Colin, to the right of Paul. Radiohead was touring Texas in early March.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

matt35mm

Oh yes, that's right. I remember hearing that PTA was in town working with Greenwood on finishing up the score while Radiohead had a couple of nights of playing here. That makes much more sense now.

©brad

I have no words.

Has everyone weighed in yet? P? RK? Mod?

JB I think you should just give in and watch it.

SeanMalloy

"Maybe that's their breeding ground."
"Only one way to find out."

Reel

anyone know what Joaquin was saying there? That scene alone makes me want to re-read the script

Pubrick

Quote from: ©brad on July 20, 2012, 11:34:12 AM
I have no words. Beyond excited.

Has everyone weighed in yet? P? RK? Mod?

JB I think you should just give in and watch it.

I've seen the trailer and I don't recommend watching it.

I don't feel any more excited than I did after the two teasers and a poster, maybe my excitement has reached a plateau but after seeing the trailer i just feel I've seen some out of context dialogue and shots that for the most part just add fodder to the Scientology haters. I think the trailer is less cohesive than the other marketing material we've seen, which is of course necessarily the case when you attempt to show a whole film in two and a half minutes.

I won't be doing an analysis on it, but I am planning to start a separate thread for serious discussion on the available material.

under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

I am Schmi

Such a fantastic trailer, the film is gorgeous!

Reel

Quote from: polkablues on July 21, 2012, 12:44:43 AM
Quote from: Reelist on July 20, 2012, 11:55:59 AM
anyone know what Joaquin was saying there?

Whoever captioned the screenshot did.

Quote from: SeanMalloy on July 20, 2012, 11:45:18 AM

Oh!  :doh: I'm a dunce. I still have to go back and figure out the context of that, though.