The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Jeremy Blackman

I don't think the public knows at this point...

It probably does need a new title, if (MINOR SPOILER) the duality premise is true and it really does focus on two characters. He could call it The Masters, but there's the golf thing...

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Lex on March 07, 2012, 03:02:26 PM
Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on March 06, 2012, 10:20:07 AM
Fuck yes!!! That probably means I'll get to see it this year as well in Portugal. Fingers crossed!

truly hope so.

cheers

Welcome  :yabbse-smiley:
Si

Pozer

will be Master baiting fish hooks here at camp come October!

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

you know what's funny is PTA always wants October releases....at least, that's what he wanted for Boogie Nights, and that's what he got for PDL, so yeh...there's a bit of the romantic in him for Autumn maybe.

orrrrr it's just the most convenient time to release the movie.yyyyup.

Pubrick

Maybe he'll call his next kid autumn.

Autumn of the Hunter, directed by Charles Lautumn.

End of thread.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

We need some real news, stat.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

Nah, the real reason is: PTA's my homeboy and he likes to get me outta da house to watch something coo on my birthday every few years..

mogwai

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: modage on March 14, 2012, 02:32:22 PM
Not really breaking news but he spoke!
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2012/03/jonny-greenwood-talks-collaborating.html

What a fantastic interview. Thank you!  :yabbse-thumbup:

My favorite bit:

As for what Greenwood said about "Blood," Anderson laughs. "Yeah — he likes to say that. And I like that about him. That'll never be beaten out of him. It's a lot of head-scratching and, like, 'Oh, I really don't know if I can do this,' or, 'No, I can't do this,' or even, y'know, 'I just shouldn't do this.' And then the next thing you know, you have an e-mail with like, 45 minutes of music in your in-box, and it's all amazing and wildly different and terrific. That's kind of him in a nutshell: 'No, no. I really can't. I don't know how to do this.' And then you get this huge platter of stuff."

malkovich

<a href="http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/paul-thomas-andersons-the-master-bags-october-12-release-date">The Master Officially Set For October 12 Release Date </a>

199 Days until The Master

Kellen

Jeremy Blackman

[countdown=10,12,2012,12,01][/countdown]

Yes, I just installed a countdown mod.

I am Schmi

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not even that long away, can't wait! When do you guys think we'll get a trailer?

Pubrick

Quote from: The PlaylistRon L. Hubbard

So in lieu of getting a new title for the movie they just went ahead and changed the name of the dude who inspired it.

nice of them to treat us to this scoop.

cigs and redvines must be twirling in their ice skates.
under the paving stones.