Upright Citizens Brigade

Started by Sleuth, August 28, 2003, 04:40:20 PM

meatwad

it seems like some around here are fans of amy sedaris, but is anybody fans of david sedaris. His books and dave eggers books are some of my favorite pieces of writing

Sleuth

Never read his books, but I've seen him do an excerpt on Letterman once.  It was good.  I also like David Rakoff's Fraud
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

I love David Sedaris.
I still haven't read "Naked", which I hear is his best, but I've read a few of his and it's all great stuff.

meatwad

i just got tickets to see him at the westberry music fair!

meatwad

i just read that The Upright Citizens Brigade recorded a commentary live during one of their shows for the DVD.

Sleuth

It's out, mine hasn't come in yet :x
I like to hug dogs

meatwad

finally got my copy of the UCB Season 1 DVD and it's excellent. The stage version of Little Donnie is hilarious, as are the commentaries taped in front of an audience at the theatre. I like the little pop in by Horatio Sanz in the commentary. The one thing i wish there was more of is stuff in and about the theatre. But i can't complain because this purchase was well worth the money.

Sleuth

Quote from: Meatwadfinally got my copy of the UCB Season 1 DVD and it's excellent. The stage version of Little Donnie is hilarious, as are the commentaries taped in front of an audience at the theatre. I like the little pop in by Horatio Sanz in the commentary. The one thing i wish there was more of is stuff in and about the theatre. But i can't complain because this purchase was well worth the money.

Yeah, the commentaries are all fucking great

"Upright Citizens Brigade thinks they're so great"

I didn't like the stage version of Little Donnie since I didn't like that episode to begin with (the commentary was great though).  I need Season 2 now
I like to hug dogs

cine

I received the Upright Citizens Brigade DVD today.. I've watched the first two episodes and I'm amazed that Comedy Central was able to fit this much brilliance onto 2 discs. Big thanks to Slomb for pushing this DVD set so heavily in the past. He was 110% correct that the UCB is hilarious.

Ravi

I've only seen a few episodes of UCB but it is absolutely hysterical.

MacGuffin

Bravo signs up Citizens Brigade for series

Bravo has unveiled a bevy of new programs, including a sketch-comedy show from the Upright Citizens Brigade. "A.S.S.S.S.C.A.T.: Improv" is a one-hour special based on the exploits of the improvisational comedy group that will run sometime in the fall. It features Rachel Dratch, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey and Andy Richter, among others. Constant Communications is the producer; Lisa Leingang and John Fortenberry are executive producers; Poehler, Matt Besser, Ian Roberts and Matt Walsh are executive producers for the Upright Citizens Brigade.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

modage

hey, i saw my first improv show at the UCB theatre tonite.  it was AWESOME.  i've been there like 5 times in the last month since i moved to NYC but this was the first time i went for improv, which is funny cause thats kinda mostly what they do there.  ANYWAY, it was great cause i got to see the actual Upright Citizens Brigade perform and they said they thought it was the first time in years it had been just the four of them.  it was sold out but we waited in line and got to sit on the stage.  it was great.  amy poehler is awesome and hilarious and very short.  i've only seen a handful of episodes from the show, (and not since it aired) but my roomate has the season one DVD which i plan to dive into soon, maybe when i finish with Mr. Show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

GodDamnImDaMan

Ass....

Pennies...

make me.....

Cream...

My...

Pantalones.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz