Brad Pitt

Started by meatball, October 16, 2003, 05:02:43 PM

meatball

Well, what is there to say about this man?

Gold Trumpet

Underrated. One of the few Hollywood leading types who can carry himself with cool to match his model good looks. To say he is able stand side to side with Clooney's cool in Ocean's Eleven says a lot in my book. And of course, in a movie I didn't like, Fight Club, he was the best thing acting wise in the movie (Yes, this does include comparision with Norton). Pitt showed confidence over the role and by the end of it, seemed the only person who could pull it off. And also, from everything I hear, he's generally a cool guy in real life.

~rougerum

Sleuth

He's great and all, but I wish he hadn't killed The Fountain
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: tremoloslothHe's great and all, but I wish he hadn't killed The Fountain

true...just b/c of this his cool points went down 4..

so he's at 96/100

edison

No Underwear's The Pitts

Brad talks about upcoming epic Troy

Brad Pitt has quashed female fantasies by confirming he wears underwear underneath his short skirts in the upcoming historical epic Troy.
The Ocean's Eleven star dons traditional ancient Greek dress in the movie.

But he is able to put pants on underneath his skirt - unlike the real-life warriors of the day.

He told Teen Hollywood: "Apparently the original guys didn't wear anything. "But we have an R-rated film, so we won't be doing that."

Pitt added: "I don't know how these guys fought in these things. It must have been incredibly dangerous. Talk about a kill shot!"

The husband of Friends star Jennifer Aniston also laughed off reports that claimed a stand-in was used for leg shots.

He said: "How would you even do a leg double?"

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

TheVoiceOfNick

Brad Pitt is cool, and often imitated by lots of wannabe actors... I guess he has that "cool" vibe that all these young-bloods want to have as well...

phil marlowe

i really don't like him. i dunno what it is that rubs me the wrong way with him cos he's definatly an okay actor, but i've learned to live with him i guess.

NEON MERCURY

.LoL..what a horrible poster..

..GT, i have afeeling that after you finish watching this cheesefest(TroY) you're gonna take back anything positive ...that you said about Pitt

..although sean bean is cool.

molly

he's just not my cup of tea :?
Too "cute", no edge. Though, I like him more since I've seen The Fight Club.

Gloria

My favorite role of his has to be the piker from Snatch.  He was absolutely hilarious.  I like him better in gritty roles, like Se7en, Twelve Monkeys, and Fight Club, better than 'pretty boy' roles, like Meet Joe Black (even though I did enjoy that movie)

Duck Sauce

cool actor: yes

great actor: no

kotte

Did you see when he got kidnapped on Jackass...some funny shit!!  :lol:

He really doesn't take him self seriously...that's great.

Kal

man this was so weird... I just got back from Argentina last night on the new American Airlines planes that have TV on every seat and many channels... they usually show 4 brand new movies that havent come out on DVD yet... well last night they were showing FIGHT CLUB...

Its really strange that they show that, on a plane, with the full version (not cut), and its in a way an 'old movie' compared to the ones that they usually show... They also had Pirates of the Caribbean, T3 and Alex and Emma.

Ok the point of this... that man is f***ing unbelievable in that movie... and I really like him in other movies, like Ocean's 11, Meet Joe Black and Snatch

Gamblour.

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickBrad Pitt is cool, and often imitated by lots of wannabe actors... I guess he has that "cool" vibe that all these young-bloods want to have as well...

What actors mimic him?

I think he's charismatic but all his work is kinda the same...12 Monkeys seems the same kinda character as Fight Club and I can see similarities to Snatch. Seems like he's not expanding very much and he has the potential to. Like Interview with a Vampire or Se7en, he was really good in those, not so crazy and one dimensional.

Overall, I like him, except for in Fight Club when Ed Norton points to the Calvin Klein model and says, "Is that what a man looks like?" I was like, "Umm....doesn't Pitt look like that?" Not Pitt's fault, but still.
WWPTAD?