Cliff Curtis

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, March 31, 2003, 08:55:57 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

cliff Curtis, here is a example of someone blowing me the fuck away

his performance in training day, if i start to talk about it i will sound like james lipton.

its made all the more astonishing by the fact he is a white guy from new Zealand .

but in training day, fuck you really feel like he is a Hispanic gang member from L.A , the look perfect

but man he had the mannerisms and the way he carried himself down pact . perfect

i first seen him in three kings, and well he didn't really stick out in my mind , then blow and well i just didn't like blow so still nothing, then Im watching training day, and i didn't even know if that was the same guy, i thought wow whoever this guy is he is great.

not having seen Collateral Damage ,  i dunno if he is any good in that.

but in training day, he showed us what a great actor can bring to a film.

oakmanc234

Being a New Zealander, I've got nothin' but love for the guy. He was also in stuff like 'Bringing out the Dead' (the dude impaled on the fence) and 'Blow' (he seems to be getting all the drug dealer roles). He must be seen to be believed as the villainous Uncle Bully in the under-rated 'Once Were Warriors'. Him and Temuera Morrison (Who? Jango Fett, that's who) are the two luckiest Maori's on earth. Starting off in crap little NZ stuff and then getting to work with director's like Scorcese and Lucas (envy). And he did kick ass in 'Training Day' ('You have the right to be bitch-slapped!'). Oh, and he ain't white.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

fucking a im happy someone spoke up on this, wait till cliff curtis becomes trendy to talk about everybody is going to be name dropping him . But for now film snobs can only talk about actors that are " hip"

:: makes like irate Burgess Meredith:: yah bunch of fuckin phoneys wouldnt know talent if it bit you on the ass

he is not white ? ohh do tell, i know of only his work and not of his background fill me in

oakmanc234

I don't know too much about his background other than the local stuff and Hollywood films he's done. I was an extra on one of his NZ comedies called 'Jubilee' (the end fight scene but you cant see anyone in the background clearly because the camera moves so fast) which was directed by Michael Hurst (Hercules's partner in the TV series). It was a project that he chose over going to the US premiere of 'Three Kings'. During the late-night dinner for the extras and cast in a huge assembly hall, everyone watched him perform songs with some other stars who were up to it. It was a fun night.
I find it so strange that someone who is your everyday Joe from the neighbourhood can just end up popping up in these big Hollywood films, briefly stealing the show from people such as Clooney, Depp, Cage etc. And I say again, working with Martin Scorcese. It boggles the mind, but it's very cool.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

mcqueenlabmouse

over the years living in NYC i've been friends with many different cultures. i've learned that each culture has it's own pride and that everyone has a hero and they have traditions that are unique. i work with many dominican americans, puerto rican americans, asian, etc., i'm black.  I notice also it's insulting to be mistaken for another culture. so i'm letting you guys know if you want respect give it period. i like cliff curtis, i can see him doing the leading man thing he has the chops for it and you hollowwood types should be recognizing it as well. i think he's hunky and sexy and i wouldn't mind well... you know anyhow, i admire most that no one could guess he's maori or kiwi (not sure if kiwi is a dilect or nationality) he plays every ethnic group effortlessly and he's not too concited as most hollow wood types are even though he has a right to be. i don't act i'm a civilian in the NYPD so i don't know much about the life so i'm speaking as an outsider thank you for reading my posting and Mr. Curtis continue being laid back and sexy sneak up on them and knock their socks off with your talent YOU GO BOY!!!!!!!!!! [/img] :-D  :-D
hi i'm making a comment about cliff curtis. he's generally an excellent actor considering he's not arab, black, hispanic or otherwise he play's off those cultures extremely well, other than his teeth in the piano i thought he was moy bien sexy i wish people would learn about a person before shooting off their mouths, i'm black and no body can mistake me for being anything else, recently i realized that people no matter what culture don't like being mistaken for other cultures because no matter which we are all proud to be who GOD made us period. i see a leading man role for this understated hunk and i wish him the best.