30 Rock (esteemed winner of the 30 Rock vs. Studio 60 deathmatch)

Started by ono, September 18, 2006, 08:00:42 PM

elpablo

"Who is Conan O'Brien and why is she so sad?"

pete

oh yeah totally forgot to write about it here - after milf island, this felt like an actual episode of 30 rock.  phew.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Last night's episode was AWESOME. After a bumpy start (milf island) this half of a half season has really come on strong. It seems everytime they get a stride going, either the season ends or there is a strike. They can't gain any steam.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

'I am Clevland's Michael Clayton'
'Well, I hope your car blows up'

LOVE IT
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

Season Finale was kind of mediocre.

Does anyone know if this is coming back next season for sure? I hope so. Ratings have been in the dump, but I think with another season it can gain some ground. It's really hitting it's stride.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

It;s coming back for sure. The finale wasn't bad, but it was really weird, and it ended very suddenly.

The best part was Dennis wanting to name the kid "Morpheus", and the "it's not leaking" scene when Jack first gets to DC. Not that funny so I guess the rest of the episode could have been a lot better. It seemed rushed, and all the characters had very little screen time.

modage

i have to admit: i thought this could have been heir to the throne but season 2 has gone downhill.  it's not that it's not funny anymore, it's just that everything is too over-the-top WACKY! that you really don't care about the characters.  that's too bad.  i think The (fake) Office might actually be a better show than this now.  :yabbse-sad:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

believe it or not i never watched this show (except for maybe 2 eps) before this week. i've now seen all of season 1 and 2 and can concur that this forum is no 30 Rock.

Stefen

I watched the unaired pilot last night and it had some other lady playing Suri and Rachel Dratch was playing the Jenna role. It was really weird.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on June 04, 2008, 02:55:28 PM
I watched the unaired pilot last night and it had some other lady playing Suri and Rachel Dratch was playing the Jenna role. It was really weird.

Where did you see this?

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 04, 2008, 03:59:14 PM
Quote from: Stefen on June 04, 2008, 02:55:28 PM

Where did you see this?

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4174810/30.Rock.S00E00.Unaired.Pilot.NBC.Internal.DVD-RIP-DIVX

Kal

NEW YORK (AP) -- Jennifer Aniston will make a return visit to NBC, the TV network where she became a breakout star on "Friends."

She is currently filming a guest appearance on the network's comedy, "30 Rock," Aniston publicist Stephen Huvane confirms.

There were no immediate details on Aniston's role or the episode's air date. The series, which begins its third season in October, stars Tiny Fey and Alec Baldwin. Aniston's fellow "Friends" co-star, David Schwimmer, had a "30 Rock" guest shot last season.

Since "Friends" ended four years ago, Aniston has concentrated on films.

pete

Quote from: kal on August 30, 2008, 01:30:00 AM
The series, which begins its third season in October, stars Tiny Fey and Alec Baldwin.

awwww
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

For anyone who isn't watching this show, you should watch this.

Tina Fey is on the charts now with the Palin thing, but her character on 30 Rock is really fucking funny. The show as a whole is really, really good and while it's cleaning up on awards, people don't seem to be too interested to tune in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKrAR6YBDI&feature=related

john

Just watched the season premiere.

I've always found this show to be enjoyable, but have never been thoroughly won over by it. The second season, even with commendable casting of Buck Henry, was more of a time passer than anything else - certainly in comparison to the first, superior season.

But this episode was a really good start. I'm optimistic about this season. Quite funny and a bit charming, too.

And, although I know the jokes given to Tracy Morgan are relatively easy laughs that don't require much effort on the writer or the viewer, I don't care. Makes me laugh every time.

The gold nunchucks gag was a good laugh, too.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.