PTA's new project?

Started by pumba, June 07, 2003, 03:34:05 PM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Especially if it includes the Donnie Darko/Homosexual thread. sphinx already outlined it for him.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I think I should play me
I like to hug dogs

©brad

i bet pta would be the only one who would like the turtle part, what with him being all into frogs 'n stuff.

depooter

FYI. regarding a possible collaboration with Michael Penn. It's highly unlikely. The last time we spoke (when he gave me the info on the dvd), he said he has no plans to stop working with Jon Brion. I think they're officially an item at this point....

godardian

Quote from: mogwaiBut falling turtles wouldn't look really that good, eh?

Not to mention they'd be much more painful.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

sexterossa

i hope its his "musical". and i hope he casts fiona apple.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

Duck Sauce

I just received confirmation. He is adapting "A Brief History of Time"

soixante

PTA's next film should be about a girl who works at Burger King who falls in love with a guy who works at McDonalds.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Pedro

I'd love for him to do a period piece...I'm curious as to how he'll do the dialogue.

oakmanc234

depooter wrote: FYI. regarding a possible collaboration with Michael Penn. It's highly unlikely. The last time we spoke (when he gave me the info on the dvd), he said he has no plans to stop working with Jon Brion. I think they're officially an item at this point....

I sure hope so. Jon Brion is a musical genius. I prefer him over Penn any day. The 'PDL' soundtrack in particular is one hell of a thing.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

ono

Quote from: Duck SauceI just received confirmation. He is adapting "A Brief History of Time"
It's already been done.  (Sort of.  ;))

godardian

This whole thing is really up in the air, isn't it? I sort of think Boogie Nights and Magnolia as a pair, stylistically and thematically, but Punch-Drunk Love is completely different, and really leaves no sign as to where PTA might go next... But I'm absolutely there for whatever it is.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

not me.  if it isnt either BOOGIE NIGHTS II, MAGNOLIA II or RUSH HOUR III.... i am NOT SEEING IT.  

dude, sequels are where its at.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

sexterossa

Quote from: Pedro the WombatI'd love for him to do a period piece...I'm curious as to how he'll do the dialogue.
i would hate for him to do a period piece.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.