Favourite Lynch thing.

Started by budgie, March 04, 2003, 03:04:36 PM

Gabe

Quote from: sphinxsort of change-expanding on that, one of the reasons why i love mulholland dr. so much is that it actually makes me feel moods and emotions that relate specifically to the atmosphere of the scene, and i don't know how lynch does it.

He does it with the sound.

In Mulholland Dr.
I love the Red room with the midget in wheelchair fellow
Whatsernames apartment
Cowboy
The place where the 'dream keeper' or whoever stays behind winkies
and how the sound cuts when the dreamer starts screaming.

cine

you really need to stop replying to sphinx's old posts..

tpfkabi

i saw Blue Velvet used at blockbuster for 5 bucks so i got it.

*spoilers*

someone tell me what exactly is going on when the boy returns to the apartment and the man in the yellow jacket is just standing there bleeding and a man is bound in a chair.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

brockly

mystery man: weve met before, havent we?
fred: i don't think so. where is it you think we met?
MM: at your house. don't you remember?
fred: no i dont. are you sure?
MMn: of course. in fact, im there right now.
fred: youre where right now?
MM: at your house
fred: thats fucking crazy man

did anyone else piss themselves laughing at the way Bill Pullman delivered that line?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: bigideasi saw Blue Velvet used at blockbuster for 5 bucks so i got it.

*spoilers*

someone tell me what exactly is going on when the boy returns to the apartment and the man in the yellow jacket is just standing there bleeding and a man is bound in a chair.

i never claimed to be an expert but>>>>>>>>

[spoilers]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

the guy in the chair sans ear is dorothy valens husband
and the guy in yellow was franks 'business' partner ...frank whacked them both.....i guess?

tpfkabi

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: bigideasi saw Blue Velvet used at blockbuster for 5 bucks so i got it.

*spoilers*

i never claimed to be an expert but>>>>>>>>

[spoilers]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

the guy in the chair sans ear is dorothy valens husband
and the guy in yellow was franks 'business' partner ...frank whacked them both.....i guess?

yeah, i figured that out. i just meant what kind of state was the guy in yellow in? still alive but brain dead? i guess it's just a Lynch thing.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Garam

The Mulholland Drive Cowboy. Fucking brilliant.

and yeah, the Phone call home part in Lost Highway is excellent too. I hated the middle part of that film.

When you see Dennis Hopper at the bottom of the stairs looking up with that moustache. So freaky and funny at the same time.

I still need to see Twin Peaks. I need to get ahold of the fucking pilot.

ponceludon

admin edit: spoils for INLAND EMPIRE

I'm reviving an old thread because I think it's a great idea.

My favorite Lynch things are:

The Man From Another Place's weird dance in the Red Curtain room in Twin Peaks
Miguel Ferrer as Albert in Twin Peaks
Richard Farnsworth's conversation with his brother, Harry Dean Stanton in The Straight Story
The final party scene in Mulholland Drive with Naomi Watts as Diane Selwyn, talking to Coco about her lack of success, watching Camilla rub her newfound success in her face
Betty's audition scene in Mulholland Drive
Six Figures Getting Sick (only the first 5 times though) (just kidding)
The prostitutes doing the Locomotion in Inland Empire
Laura Dern's monologue spoken to the man with the lopsided glasses at the top of the theater with the screwdriver in her hand in Inland Empire

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

Si