saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

Sleuth

Tracy Morgan is garbage
I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: tremoloslothTracy Morgan is garbage

nahh he is great, you might be saying that because you don't get what he does because he in no way tries to cross over with what he does. Its like he can careless what white America thinks of him. I'm not saying that is good or bad, thats just how it is. He even said he only watched SNL when eddie murphy was on . I respect him for what he does, why should he try and crossover, he knows what is funny to him .

seth myers now that is garbage. How did that douche-bag even get a audition.

tracy Horatio and mya Rudolf, those three belong on the snl allstars list.

And Tina fey is a good writer, that Christopher walken skit " Colonel Angus" she wrote that, and that is one of the best skits snl has done in years

I think mya Rudolph was hurt at first because she had that " friend of gwenith" thing hanging over her head, but she is fucking great, and watch for her in the future . I hated molly shannon, and snl during the mid 90's, but now with those three on board I really dig it.

Sleuth

I find myself agreeing with some things you say, but not with others.  I will agree most about Maya Rudolph.  She's the only cast member at the moment that tries different things...come on, Tennis Chat with Time Travelin' Scott Joplin.  That's fucking great
I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: tremoloslothI find myself agreeing with some things you say, but not with others.  I will agree most about Maya Rudolph.  She's the only cast member at the moment that tries different things...come on, Tennis Chat with Time Travelin' Scott Joplin.  That's fucking great

mya rudolph god she is the best

sorry to hear you dissagree with some of what i say , give it time you will wise up and agree with the rest  :lol:

i mean can a man wearing a t shirt with tony danza on it be wrong i ask you

ProgWRX

Chris Parnell is great.
Will Ferrell is a comic genius IMO.
Tracy Morgan is also a comic genius, within SNL at least, his standup ive seen sucks.

I also miss Cheri Oteri... where is she?!

:oops:
-Carlos

picolas

the problem i have with Tracy Morgan is that in all of his "characters," i'm just seeing a differently dressed Tracy Morgan.

RegularKarate

Quote from: picolasthe problem i have with Tracy Morgan is that in all of his "characters," i'm just seeing a differently dressed Tracy Morgan.

Well they (SNL) really does that to him, because he's best as a characterization of himself.  But he can and does play other types... like Bryan Fellows and the drunk guy.

CollinBullock

On weekend update (I'm paraphrasing from memory here):

JIMMY: And now, for a commentary on black history month, our own...Tracy Morgan

TRACY:  Thank Jimmy.  You know, I've been hearing a lot about black history month, and I know exactly what we can do to make it actually matter this time.  ALL OUT RACE WAR!

Cuts to title card suddenly.

That had me laughing my ass off for ages.
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Sleuth

I admit, that was good.
I like to hug dogs

Ravi

What do you think of Jimmy Fallon?  I think he has potential.  His impressions are pretty funny and so are some of the original characters he does, but he seems not to be able to control his laughter during sketches well, even in only moderately funny parts.

Weekend Update could use some improvement.  For starters, stop introducing random characters into WU!  Come on, were Gay Hitler and the cameos by Will Ferell and Britney Spears necessary?  What does that have to do with the news-related humor they're doing?

And that Jennifer Garner sketch of her turning into Fred Armisen when the lights are off is a ripoff from Seinfeld!  :roll:

BonBon85

I think Jimmy Fallon's trying way too hard to be Adam Sandler, but he's still pretty cool. Tina Fey is excellent. The show's been having a harder time lately because all of the stars that have been there forever left at once.

Sleuth

I don't much like Jimmy Fallon either :x
I like to hug dogs

GodDamnImDaMan

Jimmy Fallon has a weird face......he looks like an old alien or something.
Tracy Morgan is cool, although i swear to god the guy looks chubby one week and a skinny crack head other weeks. If you got shit with SNL I'll cut you up!

bitch....

:scatter:
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

cine

The Weekend Update sketchs this season are some of the best that have ever come out of the show's history. I think a lot of that credit has to go to one Tina Fey. I wouldn't feel bad to see that show turn into an half hour or hour program. As it is, its usually 10-15 minutes anyway.

As for Fallon.. I think he's good, but I highly doubt he's trying to be Sandler. Fallon is a much smarter, sophisticated Sandler if we have to label him as a Sandler at all. Sandler's audition for SNL consisted of him humping a chair. People like Ferrell and Fallon thought that was ridiculous so they went out and did great auditions.. On Fallon's second try, he did numerous impressions, one of Sandler and had Lorne Michaels turning to laugh. Also Fallon has never attempted some of the humour Sandler did on SNL: "I'm pickle-for-a-hand man.. gimme some candy!!"  Gimme a barf bag.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls