Joel Schumacher Pretty Much Sucks Ass

Started by Mesh, June 29, 2003, 01:39:30 PM

Ghostboy

Liked about half of 8mm. Thought Falling Down had some quality moments. Really enjoyed Phone Booth. Need to see Tigerland. Searching for a pronoun.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

ass sucking, ok im gonna let this one pass much too easy

Pas

One thing about him is that he really is not pretentious at all about what he does. I heard him say something like : "There are better directors, but anybody can direct. Why not me" (close paraphrasing)

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

D.C. Cab is a masterpiece.  The subtle characterizations.  The wonderful emotions.  The cabs.

I saw a trailer yesterday that will make some cry.  It's for "Veronica Guerin," and it says, from Jerry Bruckheimer and Joel Schumacher.  It looks like it might be a decent film, though.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RaviI saw a trailer yesterday that will make some cry.  It's for "Veronica Guerin," and it says, from Jerry Bruckheimer and Joel Schumacher.  It looks like it might be a decent film, though.

Click on poster to see trailer:

Take that, modernage.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I never got around to seeing the other Veronica Guerin movie with Joan Allen from two or three years ago, called Chasing The Dragon or something of that sort. Come to think of it, did it even get a domestic release? The best thing this one has going for it is Blanchett.

Pubrick

Quote from: the VERONICA GUERIN tagline--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why Would Anyone Want to Kill Veronica Guerin?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

probably because of her giant fucking face.
under the paving stones.

sphinx

Quote from: Pprobably because of her giant fucking face.

:yabbse-thumbup:

polkablues

"Tigerland" rocks my socks.  And I like "Phonebooth", too.
My house, my rules, my coffee

chainsmoking insomniac

Falling Down is one of my faves.  Haven't seen Phone Booth yet.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pedro

At the end of that Veronica Guerin trailer this really familiar song plays...
where have i heard it, and what is it called?

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

©brad

nah. old shoemaker gets a bad rap. he's better than y'all think. a time to kill was excellent.

Quote from: P
Quote from: the VERONICA GUERIN tagline--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why Would Anyone Want to Kill Veronica Guerin?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

probably because of her giant fucking face.

hahaha.

Mesh

Quote from: ©bradnah. old shoemaker gets a bad rap. he's better than y'all think. a time to kill was excellent.

Nah.  It was OK at best.  A few interesting moments and a hyper-hackneyed courtroom finale (I think—I've so forgotten about that movie).  Yawn.