Robert Zemeckis

Started by modage, June 13, 2003, 02:49:35 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: tremoloslothI've never seen Twin Peaks

I almost bought Fire Walk With Me today, but I figured I'd have to be familiar with the series to understand it so I didn't get it

No, don't watch it before seeing the show. Yes, it's a precursor to the events on the show, but it'll ruin the mystery of who the killer is if you don't already know.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: GhostboyI didn't have HBO, so I'd watch the Fox rebroadcasts. Sometimes I'd rent the ones that were released on video, or catch the original versions at a friend's house and I'd be like....I don't remember BREASTS!!!  :shock: Very exciting for a young lad.

same here. only i had hbo, i just wasn't allowed to watch it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

wait, am I drunk and did I just post in the wrong topic
I like to hug dogs

modage

yes. you did. this is the robert zemeckis thread. and tales from the crypt was being discussed.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

modage

at first i didnt even notice (and apparently neither did anyone else) because i had read you talking about this in the lynch thread so i was following your story.  funny.  :lol:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

God, that's funny, I'm going to leave it there
I like to hug dogs

modage

Redlum

Quote from: themodernage02http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/the_polar_express/

Looks really good, but I don't see why it had to be completely CG. Yet.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

mogwai

saw "what lies beneath" last night and it scared me... a lot. there were a handful of scenes that actually made me look away because they were so intense. and i've always doubted this movie because i saw the trailer a long time ago and felt that it revealed too much. but it's a well crafted movie and zemeckis and co did a great job.

puddnanners

I thought that I read somewhere that Zemeckis is going to direct the live action transformers movie.  Anybody else heard of this?  I guess Tom Hanks would play Optimus Prime.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: puddnannersI thought that I read somewhere that Zemeckis is going to direct the live action transformers movie.  Anybody else heard of this?  I guess Tom Hanks would play Optimus Prime.

I used to love The Transformers when I was a kid - even forcing my grandmother to pick me up earlier from kindergarden so I coud watch this. It seems hard to turn this into a live action movie, and as much as I think Hanks is great, I just don't see him playing a truck. As for Christopher Walken, he could really play the bad (pistol) guy. Him or Brando  :roll:
Si

modage

FIIIINALLY got around to do a little brushing up on my zemeckis and saw I Want To Hold Your Hand and Contact recently.  they were both not his best films, but very enjoyable nonetheless.  i want to hold your hand WAS like a pre-cursor to detroit rock city or probably the antecendant of an american graffiti type of film as well.  being a massive beatles fan it was definitely worth watching (and even inspired me to FIIIINALLY dig into my beatles anthology to watch).  contact, somehow was maybe the only big summer film i did not see in theatres in 97 when i saw EVERYthing.  i'm not sure why it slipped through the cracks, but i didnt realize at the time who had directed it.  it was a great premise and way to raise the questions about faith and science, but i agree with gb that it maybe spelled things out a little more than i would've liked when she got there.  i did like everything that happened between there and the end to wrap it up though and overall enjoyed the film.  i think i've seen all his films now except Polar Express which i am really hoping i like...

Ghostboy

Quote from: themodernage02i think i've seen all his films now except Polar Express which i am really hoping i like...

My money's on: you won't.

Although you may like it more than me and JB and whoever else saw it and disliked it. Make sure you see it in IMAX 3D, if possible, so at the very least you can sort of enjoy that.

modage

Robert Zemeckis to Direct Beowulf
Source: Roger Avary January 21, 2005

Roger Avary and Neil Gaiman have joined forces with Steve Bing and Robert Zemeckis to bring the oldest written English language myth, Beowulf, to the big screen through the magic of performance capture. Zemeckis will direct from the screenplay by Avary and Gaiman. The project will be financed by Shangri-La Entertainment, which is currently in discussions with Sony Pictures Entertainment to distribute all of its feature films. The film will be produced by Robert Zemeckis, Steve Starkey and Jack Rapke. Martin Shafer will serve as executive producer along with Avary and Gaiman.

Zemeckis is the acclaimed Academy Award-winning director of Forrest Gump as well as such major hit films as Cast Away, What Lies Beneath, Contact, the "Back to the Future" trilogy, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Romancing the Stone and Death Becomes Her.

Avary, who is an actual Viking descendant, won an Academy Award for his collaboration with Quentin Tarantino on Pulp Fiction, and is the writer/director of such acclaimed films as Killing Zoe and The Rules of Attraction. Avary is currently finishing the screenplay adaptation of the hit Konami videogame, ,b>Silent Hill, for Producer Samuel Hadida and Tristar Pictures.

Gaiman is the Hugo and Nebula-Award winning author of such novels as "American Gods" and "Coraline," and is best known as the creator of DC Comics' legendary "Sandman". He wrote the English Language Script for the Miyazaki film Princess Mononoke. His first feature, MirrorMask, directed by Dave McKean, premieres at the Sundance Film Festival. His short film A Short Film About John Bolton was just released on DVD. Projects in development based on work by Gaiman include Coraline, which Henry Selick is writing and directing, and Stardust, with director Matthew Vaughn. Gaiman is writing and will be directing Death and Me, based on his DC Comics graphic novel "Death: The High Cost of Living" for New Line Cinema.