maybe im way out of line here...

Started by md, December 16, 2003, 01:10:05 PM

md

but, does anybody else feel that the cigerette advertisements on c and c have gotten a bit much?  I mean granted they help greg in big ways, and this is no way commenting on gregs hard work and up to date info on pta, but serioulsy...when the largest advertisement is "tax free cigs" i find it kind of obnoxious
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

md

thanks for the redirect....but um...your opinions?
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Gold Trumpet

I actually think its funny. I just wish coffee advertising was as celebrated on the site.

Jeremy Blackman

I've never liked it, but if it's necessary, how can we complain?

I guess we can still complain. I really don't like it. The picture ad is going too far.

But at least he's not advertising huge corporations.

jtm

Quote from: mdthanks for the redirect....but um...your opinions?

Greg's gotta get paid somehow!  he should throw up some coffee ads to make it even out.

Ernie

I'm just glad there's actually an informative website for PTA really. I know that might sound robotic or PTA-fanboyish but it's true, not all directors have a good website. Like Kubrick doesn't have one.

ono

Quote from: ebeamanLike Kubrick doesn't have one.
He's dead.  Hate to be the one to break it to ya... ;)  I mean, it's not as if any late-breaking news about Kubrick's corpse planning a huge comeback will be happening anytime soon.

mr_boz

i think it's kind of cool - i own the domain name:  smokingjacket.net and i get spam from online smoke sellers all the time.
- ccb

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeamanKubrick doesn't have one.
http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/ is an ekzellent collection of the 4 most informative kubrick sites. do ur research Bman.
under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

I'm not a fan of the ads but I still cannot complain about the site.  Greg put up my paper this week and I have already recieved an email from someone who read it, that is very cool.

Coffee ads would be fun.

EDIT: as long as the ads are not pop ups, animated or have audio...I can live with it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"