Chuck and Buck

Started by boombanglarrabee, June 17, 2003, 11:41:34 PM

boombanglarrabee

Just saw this movie.  It was really weird.  I love movies like this, where the scenes are so awkward and strange.  Didn't know Maya Rudolph was in it.  Cool movie.

Duck Sauce

This is the only movie I have ever gave 1 star to when ranking them on Netflix. I hated every moment of this movie, although I do give it credit for making me feel more uncomfortable than any other movie. Im not necesarily saying its a bad movie, I just hated it/

boombanglarrabee

How funny.  That's interesting.  The movie Happiness made me extremely uncomfortable and after watching it once, I never wanna see it again.  I always want to recommend it to people but I don't want them to think I'm weird for sitting through it.  It's just another one of those weird fucking films like Chuck and Buck that makes you look around like, "Oooohkey, should I be watching this or what?"  I love movies like that.

BonBon85

I agree about it being rather uncomfortable. I guess I thought it was okay. I remember reading Ebert's review and it had raised my expectations to a level that it certainly did not meet. I thought Mike White's acting was pretty good though.

Ghostboy

I thought it was really good, in that uncomfortable sort of way. It had a great mixture of strange humor and pathos. White was good, but the Weitz brothers really surprised me; their performances were my favorite part of the movie.

I remember being excited about this because it was the first miniDV movie to get a fairly wide release. How times have changed since then...

Cecil

i really enjoyed it too. didnt feel uncomfortable though.

Marty McSuperfly

I didn't find it uncomfortable either. But for those who did, I have one word for you: ISSUES

chainsmoking insomniac

Interesting movie.  Loved the characters, the story was original--and it was shot on DV!!!!

Fucking cool! :-D
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

godardian

It didn't make me uncomfortable at all, either. I loved it unequivocally. I've really liked all of Miguel Arteta's films so far, including the little-seen Star Maps.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Rudie Obias

i hate mike white.  he's such a bad screenwriter and he gets so much work in hollywood.  he's lucky good directors pick up his scripts because they totally save his words.  too bad he's not a director cuz i'd hate him even more.  mike white, you just made my enemies list!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

bonanzataz

aw, i love mike white...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

lamas

I thought this movie was great.  It's all about the little touches that show how pathetic some people's existances really are.  Like an Alexander Payne flick.  I loved the Weitz brother who ended up in the play.  How can you listen to that guy and not bust out laughing?  Hilarious!

bonanzataz

chuck and buck, suck and fuck.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sexterossa

unenjoyable. i think the digital video made it seem more dirty than it actually was though.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.