Proof the he has far too much time on his hands...

Started by BonBon85, May 13, 2003, 10:31:27 PM

BonBon85

Well I was sitting around doing homework and overheard the name Tarantino on the tv from across the room. Turns out he was in the audience of American Idol. Just seemed a bit strange and random to me.

lamas

NEWSFLASH!:  Tarantino isn't nearly as cool as he thinks he is or tries to be.  I wish everyone who wastes their time watching American Idol would just go ahead and poke their eyes out.  I HATE that SHIT!

ShanghaiOrange

NEWSFLASH!: Tarantino isn't nearly as cool as he thinks he is or tries to be. I wish everyone who wastes their time watching American Idol would just go ahead and poke their eyes out. I HATE that SHIT!
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i think that was so cool that he was there.

what should he be at a fucking poetry night with david cross and andy dick fuck that

he can go anywhere he fucking wants, his work speaks for him

he is not great just because he name drops cool things and goes to cool places, he is great because the work he does

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Keener

I heard P.T. Anderson occasionally eats at McDonalds. The fiend ! What does Tarantino going to a crappy show have anything to do with the quality of his films ?
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: KeenerI heard P.T. Anderson occasionally eats at McDonalds. The fiend ! What does Tarantino going to a crappy show have anything to do with the quality of his films ?

not a fucking thing, but for some people they judge you by the type of things you endorse

i judge him by his work, i can give a fuck if he likes american idol

ReelHotGames

What more do you want from the guy, he is a product of pop culture and he proves it by being in the audience of one of the biggest pop influences that has come along in recent memory.

He is living up to exactly what we expect of QT. And that he yelled "ROoooooooooooooooooo-BEeennnnnnnnnnnn" makes it perfect.

Also the stint in Alias, so at least we didn;t have to suffer through some bad QT acting, it just was what it was.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: KeenerI heard P.T. Anderson occasionally eats at McDonalds. The fiend ! What does Tarantino going to a crappy show have anything to do with the quality of his films ?

I don't mind that QT is on American Idol, but you've got to be kidding me! McDonalds? How could anyone lower their standards by that much and eat there? I want to be the downfall of McDonalds. I want them to taste unemployment. I want them to taste fire. I want McDonalds to burn at the stake. I want them to taste a whopper and shoot their faces in. I want McDonalds out of my life, out of my existence. It is not a food place, it is a fat place. Understand? How could anyone lower their existence and order a big mac? How could anyone knock years off their life biting that "burger" and I stress the "'s. True story, I once dated a real fat woman who ate at McDonalds. I dated her out of pity though, but I eventually made her choose between me and the Big Mac. Yep, I'm single.

Keener

Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Duck Sauce

I think the people on this board, where some of us spend all day posting on, dont have any credibility in labeling what is cool or not.

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1598

godardian

Quote from: michael alessandroWhat more do you want from the guy, he is a product of pop culture and he proves it by being in the audience of one of the biggest pop influences that has come along in recent memory.

I think this is the most cogent statement here.

You can never quite tell when QT is being serious, and I like that. Detournement, QT... detournement.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.