Libertines

Started by SoNowThen, August 27, 2003, 10:22:38 AM

context, context, context.

mogwai

FOR PETE'S SAKE!

A drugs rehabilitation charity whose president is 'EASTENDERS' actress JUNE BROWN have offered troubled LIBERTINES star PETE DOHERTY free treatment.

The charity, TKB, aim to raise funds to help those in need of relief from any form of addiction, narcotic or otherwise, by supplying a means to a route of passage to Thailand's Thamkrabok Monastery for detox.

The Monastery claim to provide one of the most successful detoxification and rehabilitation programs in the World, having treated over 100,000 patients since it's inception in 1958.

A charity spokesperson told NME.COM: "We have funds and we would like to offer Pete the best chance in the world to recover, for free, by travelling to Thamkrabok for immediate treatment. The offer, although bizarre in nature, is a genuine one."

Pubrick

why do ppl care so much.

let the junkie be.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Cos this is one junkie who needs to stay alive long enough to make a few more records.

SoNowThen's Offensive Post For The Day:

I'd gladly trade the life of 100 Canadian hobos/junkies to free up the time/money/helpers to treat Pete.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pas

HAHAHAHAHA that's fucking offensive !  :yabbse-thumbup:

modage

PETE 'LEAVES' THE LIBERTINES
Source: NME

PETE DOHERTY has claimed he's leaving THE LIBERTINES but has left the door open for a reunion with bandmate CARL BARAT.

The guitarist, who has spent some of the last month in The Priory in a fresh attempt to kick his drug addiction, has given an interview with The Sun newspaper where he said he plans to go to France with his girlfriend to beat the drugs. He claimed that being in rehab wasn't helping.

He said: "I was barely aware of what was going on in (rehab). All these visitors were coming in to see me and saying they were my family and my sisters - but really they weren't. I want to clean up but it's something I have to do on my own terms."

Despite getting regular visits from friends and family, including Barat, the paper quotes Pete as saying he thinks he is treated badly by Carl.

He continued: "It's got to the point where Carl and I don't speak except on stage. It breaks my heart. He treats me badly and every time I come running back like a battered housewife.

"I feel like I'm seeking the ghost of a former friendship but Carl gave up on me years ago. He did come to see me in The Priory but I hardly remember his visit."

However, Pete said that there's still hope for The Libertines, who have finished their second album and are due to tour later this month including a selection of festival appearances across the country.

He said: "If (Carl) comes and grabs me by the hand, maybe we can reclaim the empire together. But for now I'm out of the band. Surely no one wants to see me trapped in this cage that is only making me miserable."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The new album leaked on sunday. Peter Doherty: i love you.

modage

wow, i cant believe ( I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ) that this is the actual album, and yet... it must be.  hopefully these are some sort of rough demos, before Mick Jones came on to hammer out the final versions because, even for a rough-and-tumble punk outfit, these are SLOPPY AS SHIT.  the first two songs show promise, and are pretty good but could still use to be re-recorded like, better.  but the rest of hte album is just ?  so, this sucks.  its the sound of heroin in your singer/songwriter.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Yes, it sounds very rough but I still like it  .
Some songs i don't though.. The Ha Ha Wall.

'Whut becoame of the loikely ladssssss   ??? '

Anyone else heard it?

Oh, and the titles and lyrics are even better,  

The Last Post On The Bugle , as british as it gets

video for 'can't stand me now' here:
http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?b=multimedia&id=31567

and finally the album got a cover:

supposedly, it was taken right after pete got out of jail

Slick Shoes

I've been listening to Babyshambles single Killamangiro. I'm digging it. It's pretty good, pretty catchy. I wish he would get back with the Libertines, but since that doesn't seem likely to happen, this'll have to suffice.

meatwad

i was hoping pete may do something a little different then being in a band that sounds exactly like his old one

he's dating kate moss   :saywhat:

SoNowThen

I was lucky enough to catch both Babyshambles shows last week. Their warmer at the Garage was in front of about 600 screaming fanatics (and really REALLY hot teenage girls -- it's cool to finally like a band that has some kind of underground hot girl movement following it), and they delivered a fantastic, if unfortunately short, set. I was close enough to see that Pete's looking much better these days (of course, by 'better' I mean in Pete standards, as Pete usually looks one hue pinker than death white). I must also say that, despite the Libs rising to be my favorite band over the last year, 'Shambles are better. The lead guitarist is amazing.

Onto the Brixton Academy show.

I had high hopes that this would propel Pete The Musician into the Brit public consciousness, rather than Pete the Junkie Who Happens To Fuck Kate Moss. Sorta did and sorta didn't. After a fucked up start where they had to stop after the 2nd song cos people in the front row were getting crushed, they were playing a lot looser than normal, which doesn't suite the songs that are on the verge of coming apart as it is. The mic cord kept getting tangled in the singer's monitors, and this must have been the world record for most appearances by an inept stagehand since Spinal Tap. They just couldn't fix the damn thing, and kept running out in front of Pete. Finally, the guitar chord and the mic cord got wrapped up, and Pete got yanked back when the guitarist went into one of his crazy moments. In frustration, Pete turned around and gave him a little shove, then went back to singing. When the guitarist realised what happened, he went behind Pete and kicked him in the back. Pete then turned around, they squared off, dropped their instruments, and went at it on stage. After being separated, and having a 5 minute cooldown, they came back on with Black Boy Lane, then Man Who Came To Stay (my personal fav), then a new one, then the usual closers Albion and Fuck Forever (probably their best tune). It was as tight and perfect as ever for these last ones. I think the fight did them some good getting over the nerves. Classic how every Shambles gig always turns into a nail-biter as to whether it will finish or not. The first time I saw them at Kentish Town Forum, Pete got a little kid from backstage to sing What Katie Did with him, and some guy threw a full beer can at the kid's head!! So of course they had to stop the show, and almost walked off...

Anyway, these guys need to get into the studio and record an album NOW! With only three released songs in their setlist, they have the crowd singing along and freaking out for pretty much every tune -- they've all become crowd classics of a near Don't Look Back In Anger proportion.

Oh, and Mod, what are you talking about?!! The Libs album sounds AMAZINGLY PERFECT. Jeez...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

mogwai

warning: disturbing pictures

Pete injects female fan

DRUG fiend Pete Doherty stoops to a shocking new low in pictures showing him injecting heroin into an unconscious fan.

The junkie Babyshambles singer, who has won the heart of supermodel Kate Moss, was snapped jabbing the pretty youngster as she lay in his squalid kitchen.

Other pictures seen by The Sun show the rocker — who faces drugs charges — injecting himself and being helped to take drugs by a girl using her hands to form a makeshift tourniquet.

Yet another sees Doherty, 27, smoke a "crack bowl", his tattooed and blood-stained arms betraying his addiction.

The disturbing scenes were captured by a pal at Doherty's pad in Hackney, East London, within the last five weeks.

Scotland Yard today announced detectives are to quiz the rock star over the shocking photographs.

Kate, 32 — who has been secretly seeing the singer despite claims they had split — was NOT present when the drug photographs were taken.

The comatose girl is from a middle-class background and idolises Doherty, often visiting him at his flat. She was left on the floor while he and his pals prepared more class A drugs for themselves.

A source said: "Doherty will self-destruct. He has no regard for his or anyone else's safety.

"It's one thing killing himself, but to inject a young girl as she lies on the floor is a disgrace. He should be in jail.

"Kate and Pete never split up. And the longer she sees him the greater the danger of her exposure to drugs."

Mum-of-one Kate, seen in a separate shot printed in today's Sun newspaper looking dazed and dishevelled in bed, entered rehab to escape cocaine. She claimed she finished with Doherty due to his addiction.

But pals fear she is mixing with a drug-fuelled world of depravity that could ruin her chances of staying clean.

The shot of the bleary-eyed beauty in bed is recent — and thought to have been taken by Doherty at a secret location.

Our exclusive shots will infuriate anti-drugs campaigners who wanted Doherty jailed for his open drug abuse.

The rocker is on two years' probation after admitting seven counts of possession.

He was put on an 18-month rehabilitation order and given a six-month driving ban.

But hours after a hearing last week he was arrested on suspicion of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply and bailed pending inquiries.

Doherty is tested for drugs every month under his rehab order — but has failed twice.

At his grotty home, he has pushed used needles into his dartboard and drawn graffiti on the walls using his own BLOOD.