My Life Without Me

Started by picolas, August 27, 2003, 03:03:59 PM

picolas

i like this trailer... especially what with the whole idea of people randomly dancing in a shopping place. i also like the way it's shot (home video-reality-ish-like/neat) and acted.. someone tell me more. Mac? what's the scoop/story/dealy/bit?

MacGuffin

Release Date: September 26th, 2003 (LA/NY); expands to other cities at later dates

Cast: Sarah Polley (Ann), Scott Speedman (Don), Debbie Harry (Ann's Mother), Alfred Molina (Ann's Father), Amanda Plummer (Laurie), Mark Ruffalo (Lee), Leonor Watling (The Other Ann), Jessica Amlee (Penny), Sonja Bennett (Sarah), Maria de Madeiros, Kanya Jo Kennedy (Patsy), Julian Richings (Dr. Thompson)

Director/Screenwriter: Isabel Coixet (Things I Never Told You)  

Based Upon: This film is based upon the short story "Pretending the Bed is a Raft" by Nanci Kincaid.

Premise: A 24-year-old wife and mother of two, Ann (Polley), who lives in a trailer behind her mother's house, decides to cover up the fact that she is dying of cancer so that she can live her final three months with a freedom she's never had before, and have time to complete a list of things she wants to do before she dies. Her list includes recording birthday greetings for her children for the rest of their (future) childhoods, finding both a lover (Ruffalo) for herself and a new wife (Watling) for her husband, Don (Speedman), and visiting her father (Molina) in prison.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pwaybloe

That scene where she won't stop screaming until he kisses her...classic.  Damn, I wish I wrote that.  Looks fantastic.

Sleuth

I don't cry for movies, but this trailer almost made me

what's the name of that song?
I like to hug dogs

picolas

Quote from: tremoloslothwhat's the name of that song?
Senza Fine! ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?!

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

The Silver Bullet

The synopsis reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Homer eats the blowfish.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]