James Merendino

Started by Kal, May 30, 2006, 11:09:03 AM

Kal

Anybody know him? He has done several things, including SLC Punk which I assume a lot of people here know.

Did anybody see any of his other films or what did you think of SLC Punk?

Gamblour.

All I know is I watched SLC Punk again recently and it was really disappointing.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Thanks for the opinion, Gamblour.

Nobody else??

Ghostboy

I liked SLC Punk when it first came out. I still remember the visual description of the acid working its way through the guy's body. And I remember laughing, although I'm not sure at what.

Gold Trumpet

I saw SLC Punk upon release and I saw it recently and I still like it. The initial release was great for the entertainment and Goodfellas-style storytelling.  When I watched it recently again out of the blue I was struck by how much I disliked Steve O - his arrogant attitude, his total refusal to give his parents any credit, his refusal to accept certain changes in his best friend. All these things went under the radar for me when I first watched the movie. I realize now it was because I was rooting for him then. I was rooting for him because his character really encompassed everything I was at the time. The scene where Steve O discovers heroine Bob dead crushed me when I first watched the movie. Watching that scene again and asking why it hit me so hard the first time gave me the natural reflection a movie can give. Its a rare movie that grew as I got older so general critiques aside, it accomplished something personal. Plus the fact it could hide the sadness and the identifiable qualities under an entertaining surface and still manage to work says something.

Kal

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Reason for the thread is that I'm actually producing a movie with him right now. He is writing/directing. We are shooting in Argentina at the moment.

I will post more info about it very soon!