pta says hi to xixax.com (rochester recap)

Started by md, June 30, 2003, 11:13:58 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: marvin gheyHoly shit!

Eny buddy dow tit now?
i know, and all this dude did was ask for his autograph. maybe md is a hot chick.
under the paving stones.

BackUpOffMeFoo

MD you have quite the little Gem. Pack it up somewhere safe. Buy a new copy for viewing.
Serious?

SHAFTR

Couple of questions...

So PTA does know about this board?

Does he do many Q&As?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

BackUpOffMeFoo

Quote from: SHAFTRCouple of questions...

So PTA does know about this board?

Does he do many Q&As?

No, he does not know about these boards.

Yes, he does do many Q&A's.
Serious?

neatahwanta

Damn, I missed it  :cry: , but had 6th row tix to Norah Jones and taped that show  :) .

Was it a bunch of old people at this event?

Alethia

no it looked to be alot of people under 30, but there were a few old people scattered about

md

it would take years of sergury and alot of money for me to be a hot chick...my memorably moments of the q and a: the moderator intros pta with this lengthy kinda i wanna suck your dick type speech, and pta comes up and is like..holy fuck that is a mindfuck, that aint me your talking about...that is not me (jokinly in a style that is only pta).  A person asked him how much leweigh he gives actors in terms of improv, he said psh is good at it so is reilly, julianne moore doesnt like to do it, jason robards and macy know every word of dialogoe on the script, and then he goes but guzman hell sometimes he wont know any of the script, and we'll go what the hell luis, (pta in his best guzman voice and acting) shrugs and throws his hands in the air and says ahhh papi.  One person asked him what are his most memorable scenes from his movie, which he responded after some thought, the jason robard/phil monologue because it was very personal.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Vile5

I'm so so so jealous, but thanks md anyway to get this autograph for us that was so cool

And why PTA says thank you?
WE must to say thanks to him!
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

RegularKarate

Consider my pants shat

Today was really bad, now it's a little better

Alethia

it was really great when the movie was on, watching him react to the audience's reaction (which was very strong, not that youd expect different).  he sat kind of shrugged and looked bored through alot of it, but when the audience laughed or reacted strongly in any way, hed get this giant grin on his face and just kind of throw his hands in the air and look at everybody around him.

when i got there, i was late cuz i live very far away, i had to stand, and i was kinda peekin around for him, to see if maybe i could spot him in the audience, and after not seeing him, i gave up for a little while...then he gets up and walks right past me, leaves for a minute or two, and comes back in...he glanced at me and nodded, like a "how ya doin" sorta nod, then he sat back down (his seat was about five feet to my right)...later, during the credits he came and stood right next to me with a few people, waiting to go up, and i knew he was gonna get swarmed after the Q and A, so I tapped him on the shoulder, said hello, introduced myself and asked him to sign my DVD (I'd scan it but my scanner isnt functioning at the moment, perhaps later), he said "of course", and signed it "for eric", he drew a few hearts, and signed it "pt anderson".  then he went up for the Q and A, i stayed for that, (he said some really cool shit, even though alot of the questions sucked, he said he was sick of seeing romantic comedies where the characters look like they had just stepped off of the poster for the movie, and he also compared writing to playing the game connect four, those were my favorites) but then i had to split once it ended cuz like i said i live about 3 1/2 hours from there and i had to work in the morning.

it was fun.

BrainSushi

Quote from: md(pta in his best guzman voice and acting) shrugs and throws his hands in the air and says ahhh papi.

I can do a pretty bossome Guzman impersonation. I especially like to say, "Pour the milk! Pour the milk! Pour the milk." Best thing to ever come out of Guzman's mouth.

BTW, check out my bitchin' avatar. No more Luis Guzman avatar. Fuck you Luis "Gorilla" Guzman (he does look like a gorilla), it's time for Punch-Drunk Runner! Boo ya.

MacGuffin

Quote from: BrainSushiBTW, check out my bitchin' avatar.

It's a red x on my computer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jokerspath

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: BrainSushiBTW, check out my bitchin' avatar.

It's a red x on my computer.

Just makes it that much more obscure!

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Ernie

Well, I'm finally here with my reply, sorry for the delay, had to recover a little bit...

The night was just fucking perfect...just perfection in every way...got great seats, right down near the front...PTA arrived with his arm around PSH's mom in all of his glory, me and my sister began freaking out at this time and didn't stop till probably this morning. He was the nicest guy EVER...just so nice to all of his fans, he stayed to sign every single fucking person's random stuff...including me, I got my PDL poster signed right in the blue space just like I wanted it (To ERIC...PT Anderson w/ a smiley face next to Barry and Lena... 8) )...and get this-HE offered for US to have a picture with him, we didn't even have to ask...he probably could tell I was a huge fan, lol...it was magical! We didn't talk much with him but all the same...he was nice...very funny too, right from his intro ("that was a headfuck of an introduction") he had everybody dying...just from beginning to end he was into it. God, speaking of the end...I couldn't even walk or talk, I was like walking on air, it felt great...just walking through the hallways just having met PTA...looking at all these posters of legendary films on the wall...2001: A Space Odyssey, Goodfellas, Do the Right Thing...it was really really a night to remember. I like to think I made the night even better when I went over to their little film recommendation sheet and put down George Washington and All the Real girls with David Gordon Green's name next to them, maybe someday they will get him down here too!

Anyway, md pretty much covered everything question-wise...I thought it was an awesome Q&A personally but it was probably just the rush of seeing him in person...and it was the FIRST mention of any cool info about his next film as md also covered...it is an ADVENTURE film...or at least in the stage it's in now! I can't fucking wait! And yea, the frog question reply was the best. That was such a stupid question...I couldn't believe she said it was a "dream" to be able to ask him about the frogs...she said she was "bewildered" at them back in 99 and had always wanted to ask him about them...just kinda overlooking EVERY single interview he has ever done since Magnolia...she wasted his time and the time of his true fans...I'm glad he told her off, I hate to say it but I am, she was a bitch. It was a great Q&A.

MD: Ok, I think did see you when you had him sign the dvd...I really think I saw you unless there was somebody else there from xixax getting a PDL dvd signed to xixax. Did you have a coat on and really short dark hair, like buzzed? Lol, if you do than I definitely saw you.

Just to end this whole thing off...nobody should ever get nervous about meeting PTA if and when you get the chance to meet him...I should have never worried about it...I really mean it when I say he was nice...seriously, he answered tons of questions and talked to all these desperate actors and filmmakers and as I said, signed TONS of stuff! Maybe I'm the only one that was worried about meeting him but just in case, I wanted to clarify that there's no reason to...I am glad it's over though, lol. I need to take a LONG break on meeting people after meeting PSH recently and now PTA...I'm going to wait a long while, seriously. I'm not reading the paper anymore, I'm too scared that somebody else will show up. My heart can only take so much, I'm fat.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: ebeamanMy heart can only take so much, I'm fat.

*Dies laughing*

That is, by definition, a wtf sentence.

~rougerum