Jon Brion: new site, blue site

Started by neatahwanta, August 16, 2003, 02:42:08 PM

JG

tell me some of the tracks on it and ill tell you.  im assuming that it hasnt leaked yet cause ive been keeping heavy tabs on this.  kanye is one of the few rappers that interests me and his collaboration with jon brion has me giddy.  this is gonna be rad.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote...and an unlikely guest drummer on "Diamonds From Sierra Leone": filmmaker Michel Gondry, who just happened to visit the studio on a day Brion had set up a drum kit...
I saw the video for this today.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Ghostboy

I head that 'Gold Digger' song the other day and was blown away - one of the best new hip hop songs I've heard in quite some time. I've always liked Kanye, for the most part, but this song was particularly outstanding. Now I know why.

JG

So the Kanye West CD leaked and I'm really impressed by some of the stuff (although I haven't heard it all), especially Gone, Touch the Sky, and Roses.

I forgot what song it was, but it reminded me of the Sydney score.

modage

how different is it from the 'early leak' on the last page?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

the only songs on the early leak on this one are gold digger and diamonds, the two singles.  this CD won't strike many rap fans as good--theres two minute instrumentations of just strings.  i'm loving it.  it really grows on you.

RegularKarate

Has anyone noticed the music for the latest Heineken commercial is a blatant rippoff of the Here We Go theme?

squints

I'm loving this new kanye west cd even if black people are looting and white people are just looking for food and sonofabitch if mr. bush hates black people. "Drive Slow", "Gold Digger", and "Gone" are some of my favorite tracks...however i have to amdit that part of my infatuation with this cd stems from the simple concept of Jon Brion getting a shout out in a rap song
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ABKman18

Do you think he'll finally get his much warranted producer grammy for this record?

Pubrick

Quote from: ABKman18Do you think he'll finally get his much warranted producer grammy for this record?
hahaha, ur talking like the grammys aren't the most worthless awards in existence.

"much warranted grammy" is like an insult. "hey kenny g! u deserve a grammy u piece of shit!"
under the paving stones.

ABKman18

they are worthless, but to see Jon in the spotlight would be just great, in my opinion. then again, the sun may be shining on him at this moment already.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SHAFTR

Quote from: squintshttp://www.pitchforkmedia.com/features/weekly/05-09-06-cinematic-treatment.shtml

have you guys read this?

wow, I need to find his version of Controversy.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

squints

Stairway to Heaven? are you serious? i must hear it

The Perineum Falcon

Maybe it's too late, but MTV's playing a special on Kanye's new album, right now; Jon's in the studio. :kiss:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.