greatest PTA performances

Started by SailorOfTheSeas, May 19, 2014, 11:31:54 AM

SailorOfTheSeas

Here is a thread where u gotta list what are in your opinion the greatest performances in a PTA film. This can be whatever from your favourite or what is in your opinion the best performance. Tbh u could put most of the performances in each film on here and it would make sense, but this for the best...of the best. Here are my top ten, roughly in order.

Freddie Quell, Joaquin Phoenix
Lancaster Dodd, Philip Seymour Hoffman
Frank TJ Mackey, Tom Cruise
Daniel Plainview, Daniel Day Lewis
Barry Eagan, Adam Sandler
Sydney, Philip Baker Hall
Phil Pharma, Philip Seymour Hoffman
Scotty J, Philip Seymour Hoffman
Rahad Jackson, Alfred Molina
Dixon, Emanuel Jackson

By far my favourite is Freddie though. 

N

Hmmm. I'll give it a try.

Boys
Lancaster Dodd, Philip Seymour Hoffman
Freddie Quell, Joaquin Phoenix
Daniel Plainview, Daniel Day-Lewis
John (from Hard Eight), John C. Reilly    Not a popular choice I presume but I stand by it all the way.
Frank T.J. Mackey, Tom Cruise
Donnie Smith, William H. Macy
Todd Parker, Thomas Jane
Scotty J., Philip Seymour Hoffman
Buck Swope, Don Cheadle
Honorable mention for John More/Pig Fuck, Christopher Evan Welch

Girls
Linda Partridge, Julianne Moore
Peggy Dodd, Amy Adams
Claudia Wilson Gator, Melora Waters
Rollergirl, Heather Graham

polkablues

I hear he was really good in the table read for "Rachel Getting Married".

Also, his PSH impression in the Magnolia documentary.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

polka, mdr. absolute mdr

when he says that thing to fiona, about people paying money for his somethingsomething in magnolia, and he and fiona are sharing emotional energy. mdr. blew this story. you know what i mean

Mel

Simple mind - simple pleasures...

Lottery

Aside from the popular ones, how about H.W and Kevin J O'Connor in TWBB? They were fantastic. The kid got some props in the media but KJO'C was kinda forgotten about. So I was happy when he turned up in The Master.
I was also happy when he was mentioned for IV. But the other day, I had a look at the cast list and noticed that he was no longer there.
Sad.

EDIT:
The cast list on IMDB for IV is pretty darn detailed. I mean role-wise. It's got things down to 'speed freak, buddhist exorcist, Jesus guard" etc.

SailorOfTheSeas

Yeah you're right. He was great as both Henry and Phil. I would love to see him get a bigger role in the future.

Shit I can't wait to see the "Buddhist Exorcist" in IH!

I noticed my list was kinda male dominated. I don't know if that says something about PTA's films or the way I watch PTA's films  :yabbse-undecided: either way, here are a few additions:

Lena Leonard, Emily Watson
Claudia Gator, Melora Walters
Amber Waves, Julianne Moore
Peggy Dodd, Amy Adams

Reel

I love Mary Lynn Rajskub's performance as Barry's sister, whatsherface. She comes off as cuntish, but she's the only one actually trying to help Barry come out of his shell. Kinda heartbreaking, their scene in the office. Wish she was in more things.

Lottery

Yeah, I really like her + Watson in that film. I think Lena is (one of?) my favourite PTA female character(s).

Quote from: polkablues on May 19, 2014, 01:38:19 PM
I hear he was really good in the table read for "Rachel Getting Married".

Also, his PSH impression in the Magnolia documentary.

Nothing compared to his work in Minority Report. A distinctly subtle, enigamtic and elusive performance.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion