IN A GLASS CAGE (disturbing film but so much more)

Started by R_Y_A_N, September 15, 2003, 07:24:07 AM

R_Y_A_N

IN A GLASS CAGE has to be one of the most disturbing films ever made. end of story.

heres the trailer -

cult epics (scroll down for GLASS CAGE) -

http://www.cultepics.com/ce_preview.html

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

yeah but there's still nothing wrong with making a thread for the movie specifically.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Then don't say "to continue the disturbing thread". Use the film's title.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinThen don't say "to continue the disturbing thread". Use the film's title.
indeed, bad thread title, i'll give u that.

fixable.
under the paving stones.

R_Y_A_N

why does it matter? (ie being a little nitpickey, arent we?)

i really hope this isnt another MOBIUS (fascist moderators, etc)

Pubrick

Quote from: R_Y_A_Ndemanding little fuck, arent ya?
what the fuck bro, he's right, that thread title was wack and implied u shoulda had it in the old thread. if u wanna talk about IN A GLASS CAGE then go for it. but by making it so vague even the ppl who've seen it won't bother checking this out.

welcome to xixax.
under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

R_Y_A_N

christ..who cares what the thread title is?!?!

thanks for the welcome.

phil marlowe

Quote from: R_Y_A_Nchrist..who cares what the thread title is?!?!

thanks for the welcome.
no offence but the title exists so you can see what the fuck the thread is about, now you know.

i just thought it was funny that you managed to piss of p in your third post.

R_Y_A_N

WELL SHIT.
this argument is silly..and i do like the new title better..sorry to all for coming off too harsh

>i just thought it was funny that you managed to piss of p in your third post.

lol. thats a new record for me.

SO.

anyone actually seen IN A GLASS CAGE?
thoughts?

R_Y_A_N

yes. yes i will. in every post.

especially to YOU.

HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAHAHAHA.

ha.

godardian

I actually have seen this film. I recall that it had some nice touches, some real atmosphere, and was, indeed, quite disturbing. It has a child pushing a giant needle through another child's chest!!

Oddly enough, it was shown to me by a friend who can't stand to watch The Untouchables or most Scorsese films because they're "too violent."
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sigur Rós

Welcome back my good man! Not much has changed since you left.

godardian

Quote from: SigurWelcome back my good man! Not much has changed since you left.

:(

Despite that, I still plan to check in a little more often than I have been.

Thanks for the welcome back, though!  :)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.