Best Director

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 24, 2004, 06:53:00 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Best Director: PETER JACKSON for Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

THE NOMINEES

Tim Burton (BIG FISH)
Sofia Coppola (LOST IN TRANSLATION)
Clint Eastwood (MYSTIC RIVER)
Peter Jackson (LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING)
Quentin Tarantino (KILL BILL: VOLUME 1)

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

phil marlowe

great, i could easely have feared this one would go to coppola

Finn

Wow! I thought Coppola, Tarantino or Eastwood would win!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

i thought THIS would be Tarantino for sure.  but i'm okay with Jackson taking it for his mammoth undertaking.  he didnt make the best film, but he put the most effort in.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: themodernage02i thought THIS would be Tarantino for sure.  but i'm okay with Jackson taking it for his mammoth undertaking.  he didnt make the best film, but he put the most effort in.

Agreed. I always like to see QT winning something, but fuck it... Peter Jackson deserved it, for the three films, for a great achievement (and this comes from a very... uhm... from a guy who's not the biggest Rings fan in the world)
Si

SHAFTR

I'm hoping Eastwood gets it at the Oscars.  He did superb work.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pedro

eastwood needed this biitcch

Pubrick

eastwood already won, and even then it was really a lifetime achievement award.
under the paving stones.

©brad

there's not a director on this planet who's worked harder in the last three, four, however-many-years- than peter jackson. and that's a fact, jack.

Kal

He said that he's been working on the LOTR project for 7-8 years... and its true... so very well deserved!

Chest Rockwell

I don't remember If I voted for Jackson, but I'm happy with it either way.

Find Your Magali

Wow, some fascinating results when you look across the board at the Xixax Awards.

Jackson is a lock for the director Oscar, IMHO, but if you had asked me, I would have predicted that Xixax would have gone LOTR for film, but maybe Coppola for director.

Anyway, I wonder if we could see a director/film split at the Oscars on Sunday. Maybe PJ for director and Mystic River for film. ... Those are always the least satisfying moments.

moonshiner

no way in hell Mystic River wins best film, i think Lost in Translation and Return of the King are the only possibilities, as far as a split for best director/film...that is very possible, and probably just whichever way it goes
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pedro

Quote from: andykHe said that he's been working on the LOTR project for 7-8 years... and its true... so very well deserved!
yeah, but if you make only OK films from 8 years, you dont really get my vote.