Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

sphinx

i don't have a copy of it on my computer anymore, but i did request for my copy to be shipped back to me, hopefully they'll include some kind of present with it or something

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanYeah. And you still owe us an animated short.  :yabbse-sad:

i vowed never to do a similar thing twice to pubrick recently, this includes challenges or animated shorts; there are far too many other things i'd like to try around here instead of spending my time repeating myself

Dirk

Quote from: Dirk
Quote from: sexterossahow can you guys do this. your talking a band at the height of artistic achievement completely to death. don't make art trivial.

:yabbse-huh:

:yabbse-huh:  :yabbse-huh:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Victor

...fucking bummed, man.

woke my ass up at 530 and caught the train, thinkin id beat all the suckers to the punch. i get there and the line is all the way around the damn block, people mustve been there for days..but i got on anyway and waited a few hours, till the bastards finaly told 3/4's of the line to go home, there's not enough tickets. i just remember standing there, looking around, everyone - blank. like in Gump when he stops running and everyone behind him is like, what the fuck are we gonna do now? it was terrible. people that had been there all night had to just walk away, confused and abandoned. i mean, christ, you figure they would know that there wasnt gonna be enough tickets, whyd they have to jerk us off like that? fuckers.

but this Hail To The Thief van pulled up and this guy was throwing stickers and cards and shit everywhere, so at least i got something....

oh, and:

1-866-TOTHIEF.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Sleuth

Sorry to hear that, I was awaiting your concert review
I like to hug dogs

modage

apparently the "tickets" they handed out dont even guarantee admission, so imagine the disappointment that still lies ahead for some poor folks!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

lester, philadelphia is only 2 hours from nyc and they are playing a "sonic session" here with the local radio station Y100.  (the only tickets are won on the radio,) but you would probably have a better shot scheming to get into this show.  plus its a room with about a hundred people and the band plays like a foot in front of you (only 10 songs or so,) but its a really cool experience, as opposed to just a superpacked nyc show in a theatre.  i went to the strokes sonic session.  it was neat.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Dirk

That's SO April  :roll: ... j/k  8)
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

modage

fucking field day, fucking giants stadium.        fuck.

SoNowThen

I don't know if this will interest anyone, but everytime I listen to a Radiohead album, it seems to build to this one moment, this massive climax, then sorta ease you down from there. I love when albums play as a whole, rather than just a bounch of good songs thrown together.

The high water marks (for me):

Pablo Honey: Vegtable (though, maybe Rip Cord, this first one's hard)
Bends: Sulk
OK: Climbing The Walls (my personal fav)
Kid A: Optimistic -- In Limbo (I count as one full song)
Amnesiac: Morning Bell/Amnesiac

So that's that...

BTW, modern age, I love your La Dolce Vita avatar!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

SHAFTR

Waited in line at Midnight for Hail to the Thief, got the Special Edition along with a 7 inch EP of There There and Paperbag Writer for free.

I love this album.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

I'm going to pick it up right now
I like to hug dogs

edison

damnit, i have till wait till friday

SoNowThen

I'll get my copy in 5 hours...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Best Buy has the limited ed. for $13
Circuit City has the regular ed. for $9
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks