Rush

Started by Pas, September 22, 2009, 09:20:27 AM

Pas

Hi, let me tell you about the best band ever, it is canadian and it's name is Rush.

The lead singer is called Geddy Lee, he has a quite strange appearance but his voice is unique. It is very high pitched, which some people find annoying but I find awesome.

The guitar is played by Alex Lifeson. He kicks ass at every aspect of it and not only is he extremely proficient technicaly, he has a lot of soul in his playing. He also sometimes plays the 12 string beautifuly.

The leader of the band in my opinion is the drummer Neil Peart. He is a silent guy mostly, but he writes all the lyrics to the song or almost. Is drum set is so huge, it is basicaly ridiculous. Any drummer in the world will put him in the top 5 ever. Most say he's the best.

Rush is ranked fourth in the history when it comes to gold albums, with 24. Their best album is all of their albums until 1987. Their worst song is none until 1984.

If you think Rush sucks and you just know Tom Sawyer, then you are a dumb person. Tom Sawyer is very good but not in their top 20 best songs. Songs like The Trees, Cygnus X-1 and Natural Science is Rush on nature/politics. Songs like Red Barchetta, Lakeside Park and Subdivisions is Rush on childhood/nostalgia. Songs like Witch Hunt, Freewill and 2112 is Rush on freedom/fear. Songs like Working Man, Spirit of the Radio and Limelight is Rush on Rush.

You now see how diverse and interesting their subjects are. Have you noticed ''love'' is not present? It is very refreshing.

You will notice that the band plays like it has 5 members. It has only three. Live, you will see Geddy Lee play the bass guitar, sing and pley the keyboards extensively in the same 4 minutes song.

On a sidenote, during his son's wedding, Alex Lifeson was tasered by a cop for some reason. He threw the cop down a flight of stairs. He got legal problems for it but I guess it turned out ok because you cannot be held responsible for what you do while tasered I guess.

Pwaybloe

Hey, I know I'm new here, but let me say one thing.  If you like Rush, then well... how do I say this in French-Canadian?  Oh yes, it's "you are a dumb person."   

Pas

Quote from: Pwaybloe on September 22, 2009, 10:03:50 AM
Hey, I know I'm new here, but let me say one thing.  If you like Rush, then well... how do I say this in French-Canadian?  Oh yes, it's "you are a dumb person."   

Rush is best. Best ever.

Maybe go listen to some music about emotional pain and hurting about your feelings? :)

SiliasRuby

Rush is BAD ASS. 'Moving Pictures' is one of my favorite albums. Neil Pert is one of the best and fastest drummers ever put on this earth.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

Quote from: Stefen on September 22, 2009, 01:10:05 PM
I love RUSH but they're a lot like Mike Jackson to me where I will NEVER listen to them in public or let anyone know that I'm listening to them. Something mad corny about their sound and appearance and especially fanbase. If someone is open about their RUSH fandom it's an automatic nerd alert. Yeah, I'm a dork who loves listening to Peart create magic on the kit but I'm not going to be open about it. If I'm listening to RUSH and someone asks me what I'm listening to, I'll pull the exact opposite of an out of the closet/forest/dungeon RUSH fan and tell them to mind their own fucking business.

Love RUSH but you wouldn't even know it and you never will. I'll delete this soon.

Good thread, Pas. Dork.

not soon enough :yabbse-cheesy:

it's crazy but I feel the same as you, listening Rush with non-rush nerds feels awkward, in fact Geddy Lee once said that he felt embarrased to hear his music in parties.

having said that, i love his music but it certainly isn't for all ppl, i've seen them three times live, they play amazing.

Pas

Great! It's true that it's not for everyone. Last week I had a semi-party at my place (9 people but it's a small place, 750 square foot) and when I got quite drunk, with my best friend who loves Rush too, we put the new Rush BLU-RAY! LOUD! AND WE ROCKED IT. Three people commented that Geddy Lee was ugly. One chick asked to put the Beatles back on.

We did give up after 3 songs but it was fun while it lasted. We aren't too ashamed I guess! But that's probably because no one understands the lyrics here so they don't know some songs are about science and stuff.

Pas

BEST MUSIC DOC EVER.

I can't remember getting out of a theater with such a huge fucking smile on my face. Perfect documentary about my favorite band.

So well done, so much prod. values, Jack Black is funny, Smashing Pumpkins singer is smart as fuck, Gene Simmons is hilarious, everyone is funny. Everything is great.

I want to see it again tomorrow. I want the blu ray now. I want to watch all the extras 100 times.