M. Night Shyamalan's The Village

Started by European Son, May 21, 2003, 10:07:35 PM

Alethia

Quote from: MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardEDIT - Wait, what next film? he has another one after the village?  or do you mean the village?

Near the bottom:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=201&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

oh i remember now.  thanks mac.  i actually just finished life of pi, i liked it.  shyamalan, hmmm....interesting......

Ernie

This looks cool. I'll definitely see this. I gotta say, I was more intrigued by it before I saw the trailer but I am still excited for it. I'm not even the biggest fan of Shyamalan but I'm always keeping an eye out for his new stuff....I did like Signs....I didn't like the other two very much at all. I liked the opening monologue of the trailer...very compelling and creepy...it reminded me of what I like about Shyamalan. Made me want to see it.

I'm paying absolutely no mind to the movie actually ending like the spoiler suggests, that's completely ridiculous. I'll fucking eat my shoe if it ends like that. As I said, I'm not the guy's biggest fan but I know Shyamalan's not STUPID, he's a good filmmaker, a great director anyway, he'll never sink that low. If, by some longshot of a chance, he actially did, I'll probably never see one of his films again...that's going too far, that's just too much.

This is going on my must see list.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: themodernage02TRAILER'S UP AT APPLE...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/the_village.html

It seems to be shot well.  I hope the movie is as good as the cinematography.

modage

Quote from: Leatherface******WARNING-MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILERS*******************
i really really really wish i hadn't read that.  i dont think i've ever spoiled a movie for myself that badly. i was just trying to scroll down the page!  the explanation makes total sense, and i cant see any other explanation.  if anyones movies you dont want ruined, that HINGE on the very notknowingness of the twist!?!?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Way I see it is, that twist is so lame that if it's actually what ends up happening, then I won't be too disappointed. I suppose execution is everything, but it still sounds really bad.

SoNowThen

I saw this preview, and I must say, it looks pretty cool.

I've avoided the spoilers above. So far, I think MNS is a hack-fest kinda guy, but I wanna see this. But riddle me this, is the ending gonna be some $6 monster jumping out of the bushes? Cos this could be great if it was werewolves or something in those woods, something that looked like it meant business.

Anyway, I'm gonna give this one a chance. Unless those who know more already (as above) will warn me off...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Finn

I hope this one doesn't disappoint me. I wasn't really impressed with Signs and Unbreakable I thought was only pretty good compared to The Sixth Sense.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Kal

Trailer looks really cool... One of the movies Im looking forward to see this year

Myxo

I maintain that Unbreakable is his finest work.

edison

Everytime I see joaquin I always think of Link from Legend of Zelda.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

M. Night Shyamalan Shoots New Village Ending?
Source: Philadelphia Daily News

The Philadelphia Daily News reports that M. Night Shyamalan and crew quietly set up shop in Chadds Ford, Chester County, this week to shoot additional footage for The Village.

Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, and Bryce Howard were present for a three-day shoot, which, several crewmembers say, was the filming of a new ending.

The Gladwyne-based director's sixth film is scheduled for a July 30 release and had filmed in Chadds Ford last year, from October through December.

A studio spokesperson said the shooting did not involve a new ending, but since the ending has been leaked online already there's always a possibility that this is indeed the case.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinbut since the ending has been leaked online already
there's always a possibility that this is indeed the case.
in which case, the new ending is..
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I love that new trailer, and I really, really hope that a.) the ending that got leaked is handled a lot better than it sounds or b.) that the plan all along was to leak a fake ending and actually shoot it, all to disguise the REAL ending, which they're shooting now.