Talking Heads

Started by Born Under Punches, December 17, 2004, 05:37:48 PM

Born Under Punches

Redirect if needed.

Anyone else into the art punks from the Rhode Island School of Design?  A friend of mine showed me Stop Making Sense, which I hadn't seen since I was a kid.  Now I've amased myself a Heads collection.  I've got Remain in Light, Speaking in Tongues, and Stop Making Sense (on VHS!).

Pedro

More Songs About Builds and Food is what you need.  And that live album that got reissued this year is really good too.

Stefen

I used to really like talking heads when I was in junior high but the other day I listened to fear of music and just couldn't get into it. It sounded silly, which is weird cause I've heard that the older you get the more you appreciate the talking heads. They are good though.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

i had Remain in Light for a while and loved it. then i rented Stop Making Sense and had to have the song, This Must Be the Place. looking for it i came across the just released Best of. bought it, loved it, wanted more TH. then got The Name of This Band (mentioned earlier) and it's great too. i'm not buying any albums because i have heard that there are remasters in the works. i believe i read they have already mixed a 5.1 version of Remain in Light.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Born Under Punches

Quote from: Pedro the AlpacaMore Songs About Builds and Food is what you need.  And that live album that got reissued this year is really good too.

My buddy introduced me to them after he took a trip to Greece and met a girl who was a big fan.  She sent him an mp3 disk of everything she had Talking Heads, including My Life In the Bush of Ghosts, and some Tom Tom Club.  He got me a copy.  

But now I'm actually buying their catalog on vinyl so I can be all geeky with liner notes and six degrees stuff.  But I haven't heard TNOTBITH yet, but I hear it's better than SMS.

UncleJoey

Quote from: bigideasi believe i read they have already mixed a 5.1 version of Remain in Light.

No way! Hadn't heard that news, I hope it's true. I love that album.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

tpfkabi

Quote from: UncleJoey
Quote from: bigideasi believe i read they have already mixed a 5.1 version of Remain in Light.

No way! Hadn't heard that news, I hope it's true. I love that album.

http://talking-heads.net/newsarchive.html

scroll down to May 25

i am also interested in My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, but i've held off because i read this news bit (although it hasn't happened):

Re-release "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts"
Posted Tuesday, 2 March, 2004 by francey
In an interview with Virgin radio, David Byrne confirmed that "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" will be re-released with bonus material before the end of this year

UncleJoey

Kickass. Thanks man. I can't wait until that's released.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

classical gas

life_boy

"Dolphins find people amusing, but they don't want to talk to them."

tpfkabi

"And 2005 promises a lot of interesting things too - it's been 25 years since "Remain in Light" first came out, and a remastered version (in surround sound) is scheduled for release to celebrate this anniversary. Other remastered editions of Talking Heads album are planned as well. David Byrne will do a lecture tour in the States and Chris and Tina might surprise us this year with something new.

Stay tuned to Talking-Heads.net - and in the meantime, check out the message board for the latest gossip, top 10 lists, useless facts and fellow fans."

tpfkabi

did anyone come across these mp3's?

Rhino leaks bonus tracks for Talking Heads re-issues
Posted Friday, 4 March, 2005 by francey
A bunch of remastered tracks for the upcoming Talking Heads reissues have been leaked from Rhino and put on the internet. The collection of songs contain both approved and not yet approved tracks to be included on new editions of "Talking Heads 77", "More Songs About Buildings and Food", "Fear of Music" and "Remain in Light". Who leaked the tracks and made them public is currently being investigated.

tpfkabi

i was in Hasting's today and just happend to notice the first 4 albums have been released individually as DualDiscs.
wondering if anyone bought these and where the cheapest place was.

*update*

Best Buy has Remain in Light on sale for 9.99. for some reason neither of the local stores had the other 3. Hasting's had all four at 15.99 a piece i believe.