chloe sevigny

Started by pookiethecat, October 13, 2003, 02:49:37 AM

pookiethecat

Quote from: coffeebeetleFiona's got a cuter face IMHO of course.

oh...definitely.  but in that pic, i think she looks like fiona.  the dark circles under the eyes, the pronounced nose, reddish hair, black see-through shirt... that's pure fiona.  i'd personally like to see chloe play fiona in a movie.  that'd be badass.
i wanna lick 'em.

Ernie

Quote from: pookiethecatdon't be scared of korine.  gummo demonstrates much more filmmaking talent than larry clark has in either kids or bully.  a frame of gummo is more interesting and intelligent than those movies' combined.

Oh really? Wow, I expected they'd be exactly the same....which would be a bad thing cause I really don't like Larry Clark and I'm not a big fan of Lars Von Trier either. Maybe I will check them out though. I'm still not really sure. Killing cats is not cool.

SoNowThen

Quote from: pookiethecatchloe is naked...

doesn't that happen in every movie she's in?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

A very good, little-seen movie with Chloe in a minor role: A Map of the World. Also with Julianne Moore and Sigourney Weaver in the leads, so... not to be missed, IMO.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pookiethecat

Quote from: ebeaman

Oh really? Wow, I expected they'd be exactly the same....which would be a bad thing cause I really don't like Larry Clark and I'm not a big fan of Lars Von Trier either. Maybe I will check them out though. I'm still not really sure. Killing cats is not cool.

Agreed- Killing cats isn't cool at all.  But the movie has an affection for its redneck subjects, so there's some warmth to the movie.  It's not *all* killing cats and raping retards.  that said, it's still pretty goddamn disgusting.  And yeah, Clark is shite.  there was a thread about him a long time ago in which i expressed my pretty vehement opinions about him

...sigourney, julianne, and chloe in one movie is pretty goddamn sweet.  i'll check check check it out.

sonowthen- chloe ain't naked in american psycho.
i wanna lick 'em.

godardian

Quote from: pookiethecat

sonowthen- chloe ain't naked in american psycho.

Yeah, she totally represented the human in that movie.

I fully understand why anyone wouldn't like Gummo. It has no narrative to speak of, really- it's more a "variations on a theme" type of movie, and the way it explores that is bizarre and unsavory at times. However, it has just a beautiful visual sense, which to me redeems many of its flighty excesses; that kissing-in-the-swimming-pool-while-it-rains scene with the Roy Orbison song is wonderful, very innocent and sweet.

I think Kids is barely okay, that Paradise one is all right, and Bully is just laughably bad. I mean, really inept. No, Larry Clark is not on my list of actually interesting directors.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pookiethecat

Quote from: godardianI fully understand why anyone wouldn't like Gummo. It has no narrative to speak of, really- it's more a "variations on a theme" type of movie, and the way it explores that is bizarre and unsavory at times. However, it has just a beautiful visual sense, which to me redeems many of its flighty excesses; that kissing-in-the-swimming-pool-while-it-rains scene with the Roy Orbison song is wonderful, very innocent and sweet.

i really liked that scene too, godardian.  the scene that i liked the best was the scene in which the Kid (don't remember his name) lifts the weights of silverware in his basement to "like a prayer" by madonna while his mom tap dances behind him.  she loves him, it's clear, but she goes about loving him in the most inappropriate way (by forcing him to smile at gunpoint).  ditto with the bathtub spaghetti scene (fuckin SICK by the way) but a great illustration of how love (her desire to make her kid happy with a dinner) can manifest itself in really unhealthy and inappropriate ways.

uh yeah, i think i've said enough here on this thread though.  resume with chloe talk.
i wanna lick 'em.

Cecil

Quote from: ebeamanKilling cats is not cool.

you must hate god then, what with all the masturbation in this world

pookiethecat

Quote from: Cecil
Quote from: ebeamanKilling cats is not cool.

you must hate god then, what with all the masturbation in this world

you canucks and your crazy euphemisms for masturbation.

oh, by the way, i think this thread died.  too bad.  chloe's so great. i wanted this thread to be one of those gigantic ones with the elipses where it starts at 1 dot dot dot 3,254!!!!  how super awesome would that be?
i wanna lick 'em.

Ghostboy

I just got back from Demonlover. It's, um...well,  I don't think it's a very good movie at all, but I was't uninterested by it. On the other hand, I don't think it's really interesting enough to recommend. It starts out good, but by the last forty five minutes I had no idea what was going on, and honestly didn't care much anymore. And the ending was really predictable and dumb. If you want to see Chloe, I'd suggest waiting for Shattered Glass, the trailer for which ran before Demonlover, and which looks really good (Anakin can act!).

pookiethecat

EDIT.  wow. i tried to quote myself and ended up deleting my post that i wanted to quote from...weird shit.
i wanna lick 'em.

Ghostboy

It's not a typical nude scene for her in that you don't see much -- it's PG-13 nudity. It's also completely irrevelent to the plot. Not that I minded or anything.  :wink:

pookiethecat

though my initial post is in a dumpster somewhere so i have no evidence to back this up, but i actually asked "was it a typical naked chloe character?"  emphasis on character rather than naked. but the naked scoop is good too.  but yeah, was her character compelling?  did she do a good job?
i wanna lick 'em.

samuelclemens

couldn't quite follow the cat/masturbating topic, but it reminded me of this:
http://www.hosstyle.com/kittens.htm

maybe that's what you guys were talking about.  but anyway, maybe this will keep the thread going, but in a different way.

to keep topic, i've liked chloe s. ever since 'kids'.  maybe her first movie.  although i think she did some video's with soncic youth. and what's up with the 'blowjob scene' i keep hearing about in 'brown bunny'?
Stupid babies need the most attention!

coffeebeetle

If I remember hearing correctly, one of the most graphic oral sex scenes committed to celluloid...
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)