M. Night Shyamalan

Started by Xeditor, January 19, 2003, 10:35:37 PM

©brad

Quote from: ebeaman^Unbreakable definitely does. I hate it more everytime I see it.

hehe. so do u generally watch movies over and over that u hate?

oakmanc234

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. I was hoping that Shyamalyn would continue with the supernatural/spooky/drama/thriller genre, and he is. I too like how he takes over-used themes and re-invents them. He re-invented the 'spook' story, superhero story and alien invasion story and most of all, makes all these silly plots almost believable. 'The Woods' sounds like its a new 'Signs' all lined up. But Ashton Kutcher as the dramatic lead?????
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Spike

THE SIXTH SENSE was great, UNBREAKABLE was also.
But I think SIGNS was extremely boring and ridiculous.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Mesh

bonanzataz

i've seen bits and pieces of this movie. creepy...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Banky

Unbreakable was awsome.  So stop bashing it ass faces.

godardian

Quote from: BankyEdwardsUnbreakable was awsome.  So stop bashing it ass faces.

I didn't care for it. I've always found Shiyamalan to be just so-so; clearly talented, but... he just doesn't excite me.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ernie

Quote from: cbrad4d
Quote from: ebeaman^Unbreakable definitely does. I hate it more everytime I see it.

hehe. so do u generally watch movies over and over that u hate?

I keep watching it trying to like it again, like I did when I first saw it. Trying to get that first experience. It never works though, it just sucks now. Lol, kinda sounds like getting addicted to crack or something. Trying to imitate the first experience and always failing.

I don't know if I already said this but I think The Woods sounds really really cool.

Teddy

I think Shyamalan is great, if you wanna know the truth.  Although some hate it, I absolutely loved SIGNS.  I saw it three times at the theatre.  That's crazy, I know, but I really loved it.  I watched it again on video and decided against purchasing it because it just didn't have the same effect.  I will never forget the way it made me feel when I saw it for the first time though.
"I saved Latin.  What did you ever do?"

Teddy

Quote from: godardianI didn't care for it. I've always found Shiyamalan to be just so-so; clearly talented, but... he just doesn't excite me.

For the record, it's "Shyamalan".  Not being a jackass, I just letting you know.
"I saved Latin.  What did you ever do?"

MacGuffin

Dunst Out of The Woods, Ron Howard's Daughter in
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Bryce Dallas Howard, daughter of Oscar-winning director Ron Howard, has signed on to make her feature film debut with a starring role in director M. Night Shyamalan's The Woods for Disney.

Set in Pennsylvania during 1897, The Woods revolves around a close-knit community that lives with the frightening knowledge that a mythical race of creatures resides in the woods around them.

Kirsten Dunst previously had the offer for the role and was in talks to star. Instead, she has turned her attention to Elizabethtown, a project written and to be directed by Cameron Crowe. A domestic distributor is expected to be found shortly for the Crowe project, with production beginning in first quarter 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinBryce Dallas Howard,

uh.. no, peg.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: BankyEdwardsUnbreakable was awsome.  So stop bashing it ass faces.

I didn't care for it. I've always found Shiyamalan to be just so-so; clearly talented, but... he just doesn't excite me.

I saw the Sixth Sense in the theater and liked it.  Then I rented it and wathced it a few times to catch all the clues.  After that I wasn't compelled to watch it again.  Unbreakable had a somewhat interesting concept, but it just bugged me for some reason, particularly that damned shot in the beginning from the two seats in front of Bruce Willis and that woman.  The way the camera was looking through the space in the middle, it screamed to me, "Look how clever I am!"

dufresne

Quote from: RaviUnbreakable had a somewhat interesting concept, but it just bugged me for some reason, particularly that damned shot in the beginning from the two seats in front of Bruce Willis and that woman.  The way the camera was looking through the space in the middle, it screamed to me, "Look how clever I am!"

hmm...i always liked that scene.
There are shadows in life, baby.

mina aphrodosia

i can´t handle his movies. when you think about the sixth sense, you notice, that the logical thing is misssed and then, there´s no sense left at all. could never bring myself down to watch unbreakable. signs was better, because joaquin phoenix was in it.
Let´s be happy that we´re alive