Music video loaded with PTA easter eggs

Started by Marginwalker, January 26, 2018, 11:53:51 PM

Marginwalker

Found this today - this video supposedly has over a dozen PTA related easter eggs in it - some seem to be obvious, others not so much

https://t.co/CMydva6Yhi?amp=1

Marginwalker

I think most of them are location related- the actress in the park is also in The Master

Marginwalker

I'm up to 13 easter eggs spotted now - let me know if you spot any others. Here's my list with time stamps included for easy reference:

1.       0:07 - The keyboard up against the wall is a Punch Drunk Love reference

2.       0:31 - The 1976 Chevy Van is similar to one used in Boogie Nights

3.       0:39 – the donut shop from Boogie Nights

4.       0:40 – the shot of coffee and cigarettes may be a reference to Hard Eight, which has a diner scene with similar coffee and cigarette shots

5.       0:57 – dude rescues a discarded tambourine, Adam Sandler rescued at least one instrument in Punch Drunk Love

6.       0:58 – "Magnolia" sign in the background on a building

7.       1:38 – actress Amy Ferguson appears, from The Master AND Inherent Vice

8.       2:00 – another discarded instrument rescue (this time a big muff pedal)

9.       2:17 - Valley plaza shopping center sign, from Magnolia

10.   2:41 – the song lyric "but you can't say" is a line from Magnolia

11.   3:04 – a Hot Wheels orange 1970s Corvette model car is similar to Dirk's car in Boogie Nights

12.   3:33 – the rubber frog on the drum kit must be a Magnolia reference

13.   4:26 – the aforementioned Magnolia frog makes another brief appearance

Alethia

Possible additions!

Some of the notes playing behind the main instruments in the opening sound just like some of the PDL music, Blossoms and Blood maybe?

CAMELS! This is old-school PTA shit. They're wides, not lights though (lights are technically called Blues now, sad state of affairs).

The number on the restaurant: 18231

Also, in addition to the hot wheels Boogie Nights car, the other one looks very similar to what Daniel Plainview and HW journeyed to Little Boston in...

Probable stretches:

Lens flares?

Billboard that says Sex Tape?

That's all.

Sleepless

The cigarettes and coffee is more likely a reference .

Seemed that there were lots of locations in here that were also in PDL, but it could be my imagination. I'm too lazy to actually check. But these two shots at 0:22 and 2:50. Also, the studio where they have their instruments set up has the two-tone walls like where Barry has his desk set up at the beginning of the movie.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.