PTA Fires Back!!!!!!!!!!

Started by depooter, November 17, 2003, 06:59:27 PM

ono

Ah, that was fucking brilliant.  He's interesting even when responding to such simple questions.  And why did I know PTA would love Lost in Translation?  It's so much like Punch-Drunk Love in tone, it's just eerie.  And yeah, Dancer in the Dark is one of the best movies of the last few years.  I've been saying it for a while, too.  Nice to see he thinks so.  It's just so damn tragic and beautiful at the same time.

Also, Nói albinói: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0351461/  Anyone know anything about this?  How it compares to the other two great films he mentioned.

And it goes without saying, but I guess it definitely should be said: thanks Greg for compiling this, and for PTA for humoring us.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: themodernage02cool.

sooner than you think huh?!??

hes just trying to confuse us

modage

how soon does everybody think?  lets get a consensus, so we can then determine how long till then, and then figure on sooner than that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Until he starts filming?  I'd like to think six months, but that may be a bit too optimistic.  And I wonder how long it'll take to film.  If it's an adventure film, it could be a while, but then again, Once Upon a Time in Mexico was filmed relatively quickly, IIRC.

Pedro

Quote from: themodernage02how soon does everybody think?  lets get a consensus, so we can then determine how long till then, and then figure on sooner than that.
i say itll be finished in 1.5 years

Ghostboy

So SOONER than that would mean nine to twelve months....

Great great interview, Greg. Much love.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Ghostboythat would mean nine to twelve months....
...for the prologue.  :wink:

Gamblour.

Shit, if he started doing anything within the next two years, I'd be happy, just as long as I knew he was making something. I need my PTA fix!
WWPTAD?

Weak2ndAct

Ah, I figured that was as good as an answer to expect re: the alien business.  If I ever meet the man, I'm going to demand specifics.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Weak2ndActAh, I figured that was as good as an answer to expect re: the alien business.  If I ever meet the man, I'm going to demand specifics.

Can someone give me the complete alien theory?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRCan someone give me the complete alien theory?

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1418
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: Weak2ndActAh, I figured that was as good as an answer to expect re: the alien business.  If I ever meet the man, I'm going to demand specifics.
Can someone give me the complete alien theory?
Sure, I'm the one who started this with my second xixax post ever.  Here's what I originally wrote:

I have heard from 3 sources that worked on PDL that there was a whole deleted storyline that Lena was in fact an alien of all things, sets were built and scrapped, and scenes reshot. I didn't give it much credence, but after seeing moon landings pop up on the tv in the phone sex girl's office and Lena's apartment (during Blossoms and Blood/"Here We Go") I had second thoughts.

A guy who worked post on the movie was the one who started this all off.  I didn't believe it at all.  But some time later, the same question was posed to someone who worked on the film from start to finish, and they confirmed it.  Then, I had a friend ask someone who works very close to PTA ask, and they said I quote, 'it was supposed to be like, an-orc-in-the-valley' type of thing.  Yes, even bizarre elf-ears too.  Apparently, this stuff went out the window early in the game.  So there you go.

Still stickin' by my story.

SHAFTR

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SHAFTRCan someone give me the complete alien theory?

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1418

Thanks, crazy theory.  It doesn't seem that far fetched though.  Weak2ndAct, there is evidence, but I don't know if it's enough to support your argument.  I think I might mention that in my PDL paper, along with this board.  My Prof seemed very interested in the opinions/interactions of a webboard about the film.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Kal

Thanks Greg that was very cool

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas