Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

Gamblour.

9 months? She has a kinda-belly in when Anakin meets her, so let's say that's 3-4, it could be 5 months then.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinbut Anakin is Luke's dad.
woah, spoilers!
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Gamblor Posts Drunk9 months? She has a kinda-belly in when Anakin meets her, so let's say that's 3-4, it could be 5 months then.

to me it felt like a pretty compressed time, so that's why it feels a bit odd to me.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SHAFTR

Spoiler question

----
In RotJ, Leia talks about knowing her mother when she was young (something about her mother being young and sad all the time).  Apparently, either a) Leia was lying or b) Lucas screws up continuity again.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Quote from: SHAFTRSpoiler question

----
In RotJ, Leia talks about knowing her mother when she was young (something about her mother being young and sad all the time).  Apparently, either a) Leia was lying or b) Lucas screws up continuity again.

Or c) she didn't know Padme was her real mom.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Talking about the Queen of Alderaan, Bail Organa's wife.

Either that, or Force-assisted memories from her moment of birth.

MacGuffin

'Star Wars' earns $108.5 million in 1st US weekend

The final installment of George Lucas' "Star Wars" series grossed about $108.5 million during its first weekend of release across North America, the second-best three-day opening of all time, according to studio estimates issued on Sunday.

The record is held by "Spider-Man," which opened to almost $115 million in 2002. "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" narrowly pipped "Shrek 2," which bowed with $108 million in 2004. Final data will be released on Monday.

Since its release after midnight on Thursday, the "Star Wars" film has sold $158.5 million worth of tickets in the United States and Canada. It was released by Twentieth Century Fox, a unit of News Corp.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

i was watching episode iv today (on my unaltered laserdiscs which i'm currently transferring to dvd. those disc flips are damned annoying and i'm fuckin' bored and dorky) and found something i like about the prequels that i don't know if anybody pointed out. in episode iv, you have peter cushing playing grand moff tarkin. in the prequels, you have christopher lee playing dooku. brilliant.

Quote from: bonanzatazwhile the jawas in empire may have moved funny b/c they were animated using stop motion

i meant tauntauns. can't believe nobody pointed that out.

i'm thinking of watching the prequels again soon to understand what lucas was going for. it's been a while since i've seen phantom menace and i only saw episode ii once.

ALSO! i was just looking this up and thought it would be interesting to post, if it has not been already (which i'mm sure it has, but whatevs).
BUDGETS:
episode iv: $11million
episode v: $18million
episode vi: $32.5million
episode i: $115million
episode ii: $120million
episode iii: $115million

discuss...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Myxo

Quote from: bonanzataz

discuss...

I wonder how big Lucas' cut of the final box office is.

Pubrick

Quote from: bonanzatazALSO! i was just looking this up and thought it would be interesting to post, if it has not been already (which i'mm sure it has, but whatevs).
BUDGETS:
episode iv: $11million
episode v: $18million
episode vi: $32.5million
episode i: $115million
episode ii: $120million

discuss...
he went back to his roots in ep iii.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Gary Oldman turned the role down for union reasons. I think a guy named Matthew Woods did the voice...possibly the same Matthew Woods who was one of the sound designers on the film...?

meatball

Yea, you're right Ghostboy. I realize now why the voice sucked so much ass. You're also right about Matt Woods being part of the sound team. Oldman would do a much better job, and the overly dramatic droid fits him perfectly.

Childhood nostalgia is sooo strong. I'm so disappointed in the entire... six-ology. And Jurassic Park... I'm afraid what will happen if I watch Gremlins again.

Myxo

The Force may - or may not - be with Burger King's latest Star Wars-themed Kids Meals.

One day after a record-shattering weekend for Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, an advocacy group is asking Burger King to stop the tie-in of its Kids Meals with the film because it is rated PG-13.

The same group, Dove Foundation, got McDonald's 13 years ago to apologize for "confusion" from its promotion of PG-13 Batman Returns with Happy Meals. Now, it's going after BK's latest Kids Meal promotion - targeted at kids ages 4 to 9. The meals feature characters from Sith or other Star Wars films.

"When Burger King puts that in a Kids Meal, there's an implicit endorsement of the movie," says Dick Rolfe, chairman of Dove Foundation.

This is no small matter. Product licensing and promotion is a $100 million annual business. Since the first Star Wars was released in 1977, the six films have racked up almost $9 billion in merchandise sales and product promotions.

For Burger King, the stakes are huge. The No. 2 burger chain is in the 16th month of a major rebound. The Star Wars promotion, dubbed "Choose Your Destiny," is the 50-year-old chain's first global promotion.

Burger King officials insist the promotion isn't specific to the latest film (the others are rated PG), but one that relates to the chain's long-term relationship with the Star Wars franchise. Executives point out that only four of the 31 Kids Meal toys are specific to Sith.

The toys "clearly celebrate not just one film but the entire Star Wars saga," says Edna Johnson, a Burger King spokeswoman. "The reception at our restaurants and from our customers has been overwhelmingly positive."

But Rolfe says "the tie-in is very specific to this film." Wrappers around Kids Meal toys all promote Sith, he notes.

Dove Foundation, a non-sectarian family advocacy group, sent an overnight letter to Burger King last Thursday requesting the promotion be stopped. It also conducted a national phone survey of 889 adults and says 83% felt the promotion was not appropriate for kids.

Another critic says the fault isn't that of Burger King but Star Wars creator George Lucas. "It's irresponsible of George Lucas to OK the marketing around this PG-13 movie to young children," says Susan Linn, a Harvard psychologist and author of Consuming Kids: The Hostile Takeover of Childhood.

"Star Wars is broader than a single movie," says Lynn Fox, a LucasFilm spokeswoman. "Parents know that Star Wars has been a positive influence."

socketlevel

i've been looking and looking and can't find it, can someone give me the link to the lars von trier/george lucus article from cannes again?  i think mac made the post.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...