Al Pacino

Started by ShanghaiOrange, July 16, 2003, 09:21:45 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeamanGod, he's really becoming a joke of himself now....Walken too (aside from Catch Me if You Can). Lol, De Niro kinda is too. Now I'm depressed.
u don't know what ur talking about..

anyway, go to the pta section and tell us how ur pta experience went. pics would be super, and be sure to check out this thread.
under the paving stones.

Ernie

Oh hi P, I missed you very very much during my time away. Looks like I was well missed too, lol...almost a whole page of stuff, huh?  No but seriously...that is damn funny, lol. One thing though, I will only fuck on the first date with dinner and a movie though... couldn't fit it all on the front of the shirt, just wanted to clear that up.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that I probably won't be coming to the site anymore very soon as I'll probably be without a computer (and therefore a scanner). So these may indeed be my final days here. Try not to cry too much, k? First sphinx...now ebeaman, right? What is the world coming to!!?  :wink:

Sleuth

So...your mom found out you were dealing or what?
I like to hug dogs

MrBurgerKing

Ebeaman, this whole thing you're doing, you know, this "fuck the world" act. Now that might work with your mama. It might even work with a couple of these local XIXAX pricks, who have known you long enough to figure you're too dumb ever to leave here without coming back. Ain't gonna work with me, because I know things, you understand? I know you've been going to McDonalds lately behind our backs. I know you were given the option of going to Burger King, Wendys or McDonalds, and you chose McDs. Now, you're gonna tell why that might be? Or are you so fucking stupid, you're going to leave here without a fight?

And as we're straddling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the burgers anyway? as the air thickens, the bugers sog up, and even the chicken nuggets start to boil in the metallic taste of radioactivity. And it just keeps coming, faster and faster. There's no chance to think, to prepare; it's buy futures, sell futures, when there is no future!

I can't deal with this place anymore, I'm outta here. No, that's enough. I want McDonalds dead and I want the Big Mac dead. What's the matter, you bums forgotten how to eat real burgers? 99 Million Sold.. Have you no sense of pride in what you do? No sense of duty, no sense of destiny? I'm looking for Whoppers; what have I got? Big Macs! I want Ronald McDonald dead!

Cecil

im meeting my friend at mcdonalds tomorrow. im such a fucking rebel

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: Cecil B. Dementedim meeting my friend at mcdonalds tomorrow. im such a fucking rebel

I have to hold back my fist. Saved because of the passion in his eyes.

MrBurgerKing

Man, if Tremolosloth hadn't posted, we'd have three erotic, passionate avatars in a row. Why do you ruin things, tremolosloth?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ernie

QuoteEbeaman, this whole thing you're doing, you know, this "fuck the world" act. Now that might work with your mama. It might even work with a couple of these local XIXAX pricks, who have known you long enough to figure you're too dumb ever to leave here without coming back.

Oooook......lol, you really are crazy, aren't you man?

No, I think you misunderstood...if I do leave...it definitely won't be by choice. I would never leave this board by choice. I love it lots. I'm trying to spend as much time as possible here before I might not be able to, that's all. I'm not trying to build up a big exit. I know I'm no sphinx, lol.

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: ebeaman
QuoteEbeaman, this whole thing you're doing, you know, this "fuck the world" act. Now that might work with your mama. It might even work with a couple of these local XIXAX pricks, who have known you long enough to figure you're too dumb ever to leave here without coming back.
Oooook......lol, you really are crazy, aren't you man?

My life? No. No, my life's a disaster zone. I got a step-daughter so fucked up because her real father takes her to McDonalds every day. I got a wife. We're passing each other on the down-slope of a marriage - my third - because I spend all my time going to Burger King and spitting on McDonald lovers like you around the block. That's my life.

I'm angry. I'm very angry, Ebeaman. You know, you can leave this hell hole, if she wants you to. You can lounge around on her sofa, in your daddy's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to. But you do not get to go to McDonalds drive-through!

ShanghaiOrange

I just realized that I started this thread. :(

My theory about about Walken's, Pacino's, De Niro's, etc crappy roles as of late: They aren't whoring their talent so much as taking easy roles that don't require their talent. Think about it. De Niro could do "Meet The Parents" in his sleep. (Maybe he did. :() It's kinda like retirement, but they still get shitloads of money. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Ernie

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeI just realized that I started this thread. :(

My theory about about Walken's, Pacino's, De Niro's, etc crappy roles as of late: They aren't whoring their talent so much as taking easy roles that don't require their talent. Think about it. De Niro could do "Meet The Parents" in his sleep. (Maybe he did. :() It's kinda like retirement, but they still get shitloads of money. :(

Right, they are smarter than they seem in their role choosing as of late, your definitely right. It's like, they've proven themselves so why not actually work before they move to Hawaii and write their autobiographies...very very good idea if you ask me. And don't get me wrong...I don't think Meet the Parents is bad, I love it a lot actually. I was leaning towards stuff like Showtime, Analyze That, and his very recent stuff...then also Rocky and Bullwinkle which could have should have would have been fun if it hadn't been boring and sucky. It's just still a little sad to see them in so FEW good films anymore, that's all I was saying, you know? Like De Niro's last good film was probably Jackie Brown, Pacino's was god knows what...ok, Walken's was Catch Me imo...so he's not really doing that bad after all. But amongst all the Gigly and Country Bears shit it seems like a needle in a haystack, right? That's all I was getting at.

But I don't know what I'm talking about, right P?  :roll:

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeamanBut I don't know what I'm talking about, right P?  :roll:
wow, what the fuck are u bringing me up for?

weren't u just teenage-girl-level happy about a few minutes ago?

fucking manic.
under the paving stones.

©brad

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeI just realized that I started this thread. :(

hahah. great.

i really like u shanghai. just wanted u to know.

Ernie

Quote from: P
Quote from: ebeamanBut I don't know what I'm talking about, right P?  :roll:
wow, what the fuck are u bringing me up for?

weren't u just teenage-girl-level happy about a few minutes ago?

fucking manic.

I'm bringing you up cause you brought me up pal. You said right out that I didn't know what I was talking about outta nowhere when you know damn well you just MIGHT have kinda sorta agreed with what I said if you had thought for two seconds what your most recent favorite Pacino or De Niro movie is and not just blown the whole thing off because it looks cool and witty...while at the same time totally sabotaging the thread and turning it in a different direction. Send me a PM if your THAT desperate to try and hurt my little feelings and make me cry over the internet. And if your talking about why I brought you up in my other post saying "I bet you'll be happy to hear..." and all that is cause you've been a dick to me from day one and you didn't really think about "gee, why might he be leaving?" or "this kid posts a million times a day and he's gone for a week and a half all of a sudden?" I mean, I'm just saying you should lay off a little bit when you don't know someone personally, right? Life doesn't stop for xixax. You don't have to assume the worst, I'm not saying that...I'm just saying you should be more careful with shit like that. And christ, you don't know if I am a manic depressive man...I'm not but...I could have been. Or worse, somebody in my family could have been. I'm not threatening you...I'm just speaking from personal experience. I'm a person that could give a little advice on getting caught with your foot in your mouth, trust me, lol. I'm the king of that. Especially over the internet, it's so much more common cause it's less personal.

Anyway, back to Pacino...he is a man deserving of a thread.