de-tails

Started by sphinx, March 02, 2003, 12:40:29 AM

sphinx

went to see adaptation for the third time today in about four months before it went out of theatres...this theatre had the worst print of this film, or any film i have ever seen.  the sound was turned way down, it popped, there were occasional blue blemishes on the side of the print for about 50 or 60 frames, and this was a relatively new theatre.

i went out and asked the manager to actually turn up the volume in our theatre and he gladly did without question.  

anyhow, some really small details i noticed about adaptation after watching it for the third time:

- every time charlie looks at susan's picture on the book flap, the expression on her face changes from shot to shot.  sometimes it's very happy, sometimes it's smirking, and sometimes it's cold.  her face changes the most when charlie is masturbating to it

- mckee drinks out of a columbia pictures coffee mug

- when charlie goes to the restaurant to pick up his order and bumps into the executive woman, he walks up to her and extends his hand to shake, but she ends up opening her arms and they hug, charlie mutters 'hug...' in embarassment

disjointed threads rock

Ernie

Lol, yeah...I noticed the hug thing the second time I saw it. I'll have to watch for those other things when I get the DVD. I like those little things. That must have sucked though man...sounds like you would have wasted 8 dollars if not for the new things you discovered. At least it's a great film.

Actually...it's funny, a kinda weird thing happened to me when I saw Adaptation for the first time ironically enough. For the first time out of all the times I've been to the theatre, they had to stop the film. They stopped literally right after Charlie's agent says, "I fucked her in ass." It was the funniest thing because a lot of people were totally gasping with shock from the line (a lot of older people were there) and then all of sudden there's this strobe light blinding everybody and this freaky robot voice telling us to leave the theatre...it was surreal. Seriously, I'm surprised none of these people had a heart attack. It's the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me at a movie theatre...it turned out really cool though because we got three free tickets. Apparently, some trainee was fucking around with the popcorn machine and the thing caught fire and so on...nothing too major from what I heard. It was a Regal, a rather nice Regal...it was the first time I'd been there.

Xixax

I avoid Regal cinemas whenever possible.

We have several here, and while they're almost all new and relatively clean, their projections are the absolutel worst I have ever experienced.

Almost every time I go to a Regal cinema, there is an issue with the projection. Either sound problems (too low or too high), focus problems, and one time I even missed about 5 minutes of the movie because the projector was out of sync somehow. It was projecting an image, but the motion was all messed up vertically.

There are one or two exceptions to this Regal rule here in town. I'm guessing it's due to better management as they're the two best locations in town (Opry Mills and Hollywood 27).

The Regals around here suck. We've got another chain called Carmike which I prefer to go to whenever possible. At any Carmike theater, regardless of how small or trashy, the projection is usually pretty good.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

RegularKarate

Quote from: XixaxI avoid Regal cinemas whenever possible.

We have several here, and while they're almost all new and relatively clean, their projections are the absolutel worst I have ever experienced.

Almost every time I go to a Regal cinema, there is an issue with the projection. Either sound problems (too low or too high), focus problems, and one time I even missed about 5 minutes of the movie because the projector was out of sync somehow. It was projecting an image, but the motion was all messed up vertically.

There are one or two exceptions to this Regal rule here in town. I'm guessing it's due to better management as they're the two best locations in town (Opry Mills and Hollywood 27).

The Regals around here suck. We've got another chain called Carmike which I prefer to go to whenever possible. At any Carmike theater, regardless of how small or trashy, the projection is usually pretty good.

Hmmm.. most of the Regals here are usually top notch (especially one in particular)... keep up on clean prints and sound.  

Cinemark, now those theaters usually really suck.

Of course, the Alamo Draft House is the best theater in the world, but I can't see EVERY movie there.