(Famous) heterosexual guys playing transvestites

Started by molly, December 06, 2003, 12:36:47 PM

El Duderino

Johnny Depp in Before Night Falls

not really famous, but John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and the Angry Itch was great.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Quote from: El Duderinonot really famous, but John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and the Angry Itch was great.

Not really hetero either.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: El Duderinonot really famous, but John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and the Angry Itch was great.

oh really? hah, my bad, i thought he was.

Stefen

Quote from: El Duderino

oh really? hah, my bad, i thought he was.

On a scale of 1-10, how gay are you duderino?

I'd say I'm about one and a half percent gay. (i wear nice shoes)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

godardian

I like the progressive, secure tone of this conversation. A straight (or mostly straight, or 98% straight) man who can joke about his "feminine" and/or "gay" side is a secure, confident, and definitely (mostly, usually) straight man (as opposed to those ultra-defensive macho guys who are so desperate for no-one to think they're gay that lots of people do).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ghostboy

Quote from: godardianthose ultra-defensive macho guys who are so desperate for no-one to think they're gay that lots of people do

Those guys are funny. I worked on this one short film with this studly young actor who had received his big break and landed a lead in that old MTV soap...Undressed, I think it was called, or something like that. Anyway, he had a lead role for one episode, and then when he found out he had to kiss a guy, he broke contract and quit. Which I guess is why he was back in Texas, working on a short film for no money. He was a nice guy, but he tried waaayyy too hard to be super masculine, which made his frequent slip-ups far more glaring.

pete

Jackie Chan in the end of the first Drunken Master was getting the shit kicked out of him until he started impersonating the drunken goddess and fought like a girl.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

In dave eggers a heartbreaking work of staggering genius he had this thing in the begining where he asked himself on a scale of 1-10 how gay was he, and he said 3. Thats the only thing I remember of that book. I thought it was funny, and true. The thing I think funny is when other guys have a hard time admitting if another guy is good looking, you always get the "Dude, im not gay" then they go play baseball.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis in Some Like It Hot.

Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show (this one is arguable).

Anthony Perkins in Psycho.

Ted Levine in Silence of the Lambs.

MacGuffin

Quote from: CinephileTony Curtis in Some Like It Hot.

Arguable.

Quote from: CinephileTim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show (this one is arguable).

I'm pretty sure he is gay.

Quote from: CinephileAnthony Perkins in Psycho.

Not so hetero.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: CinephileTony Curtis in Some Like It Hot.
Arguable.

Quote from: CinephileTim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show (this one is arguable).
I'm pretty sure he is gay.

Quote from: CinephileAnthony Perkins in Psycho.
Not so hetero.
It's funny how the guy who tucked his penis between wasn't mentioned.  :wink:

Tony Curtis is arguable but I personally would say that he's hetero. Yes, I said Tim Curry is arguable and he probably is gay. But hey, he did Janet, damnit! And I suppose it would've been less debatable to say Vince Vaughn instead of Perkins, huh?  :roll: Thinking back to it now, I always thought he was not to hetero either.