NLE choice

Started by IHeartPTA, August 21, 2003, 10:54:15 PM

IHeartPTA

i'm new, help me out here.
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Cecil

final cut for me. its the thing to do if you go with a mac

Ghostboy

Same here. Final Cut Pro is fun, easy and pretension free -- and it gets the job done, with benefits.

IHeartPTA

it's all about the vegas, sonic foundry has so much sound editing in it, it's not even funny. vid capture is top-notch, and it's got plenty of effects and transitions, i heart vegas 4
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

aclockworkjj

I pretty learned on Premiere so it's hard to get off it, but I have recently been dabbling w/ Vegas, I really like the DVD plug-in.

IHeartPTA

yea the dvd would be nice for me if i had a dvd burner, vegas will always have a place in my heart. though someday i'll get my hand on a 16mm camera and use a splicer and tape.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: magnoliaca splicer and tape.
although fun to learn, you will quickly find that the non-linear programs are just way too convienent, compared to the ol' school.  This is one area of technology I am not against one bit.

Jeremy Blackman

Final Cut Pro is a beautiful thing.

Someone buy me this.

SoNowThen

AVID still kicks everyone's ass around the block

but I mean Media and Film Composer, not the home system stuff

though in a pinch, the old vcr to vcr will do  :wink:
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

IHeartPTA

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanFinal Cut Pro is a beautiful thing.

Someone buy me this.

if you wanna be real cheap just get it on kazaa or something, i know a lot of people that do that stuff, i choose to buy. i shop at www.academicsuperstore.com - student pricing, got vegas 4 for $200, which is real nice.

in terms of the splicer in tape, i just wanna try something, you know experiment, it's always a good idea to get an eclectic experience for film, so you know, i'll prolly do splicer and tape for maybe super 8 sometime.

mutinyco

My friend designed that Magnolia frog poster.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

IHeartPTA

if i could be you, i would, just so i could hug him. it's my fav of the magnolia posters.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy Blackmanthis.
do you need it to be legal?...if you are willin' to just try it....I could probably hook ya up...hmmmm