Roseanne

Started by Thrindle, June 15, 2004, 10:09:24 PM

Thrindle

I happen to find this show hilarious... Ok, so the last season was ridiculous, but other than that it is just too great.  It had "blue collar" humor pegged.
Classic.

Find Your Magali

Besides the excellence of John Goodman and Roseanne Barr in the early seasons, the thing that will remain with me from this show is the absolute one-upsmanship of the horror pranks in the annual Halloween episodes. I'm surprised, and delighted, that some of that stuff got aired.

ono

Yeah, great show, great depiction of lower-middle-class strife (so much more real a sitcom than anything else around -- even though it did get a little over-the-top and too mean-spirited at times), great social commentary, and just really, really funny -- until, of course, it jumped the shark and everyone was gay and we find out Dan died and the last year was a dream.  But still, I liked the finale even though most stuff leading up to it was crap.  (You have to give them credit for having Jim Varney play a prince, though.)

Ravi

I've grown to appreciate the show recently.  My dad loved the show when it was on originally, but I didn't care for it back then.