mtv vma's

Started by ©brad, August 28, 2003, 10:17:46 PM

NEON MERCURY

..i have not seen it but will rather catch up on one of the countless re-runs of it.. But from seeing many throughout my life i can  imagine what it was like.

i want to coment on good Charlotte..i am so glad most agree they suck!!!!!!!if you are over 14 ..and listen to them   please realize NOW that what you are listening to is garbage and most people will laugh at you for it.  do yourself a favor and give the cd to green day fans longing  for generic pop-punk..b/c years later you will look back and feel like an idiot for liking them..

as for.. evervesence or whatever they are called i agree w/  P in that they need to understand that  it's 13mins 48secs. into their 15 mins.. time is running out.  i suggest for them to seel-out in every way possible (commercials, clothing line, acting.. er...reciting lines in front of a camera in  dissullushioned teen flicks, muliple appearences on TRL so the kids who actually attend those shows will keep their faces in mind)  ....IMO the girl has a good voice it's just the music is cheesy ..they seem to try and be serious but when you think about it  and lok at that video w/ that fake loking male singer singing the "save me!" part you cannot help but feel sorry for her b/c when you play that musical angle of  "female singer w/ an male backing group" you will not suceed artistically and all the money you make from "selling" this to serious music fans you shouild feel guilty that you will never be respected by peers/audiences...for example look at the group garbage.

linkin park.....lol...........i tried yo like them ..it's like when you first here one of their songs its starts out  alright then once you think you might like it the guy starts rapping gand it all goes down hill from there.. they need to take the money and run...

i agree w/ the duran duran thing.. i did not see it though ..But the way it's being described it does sound bad.....

lamas

madonna is really reaching for some attention now.  gee, i really think those 3 whores are really into each other.  fake lesbos are so shocking!!aguilera is so greasy and nasty.  i wouldn't even touch that bitch with a 5 foot dildo.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: lamasaguilera is so greasy and nasty.

lol......

RegularKarate

Everything that P said is correct... fuck the actual awards though... Coldplay is cool... I wish Timberlin (Timberland?) had better friends because he's pretty dope... Jack Black's Micheal Jackson thing was kinda funny... Britney Spears should have gone back in time and brought back a Madonna that was hot to make out with- that would have been better.

Raikus

No, P's wrong.

The awards blew this year. And I'm not using "blew" in the conventional sense. I'm applying "blew" within the context of normal MTV Awards shows.

The only reason I watched was to see Coldplay. And even though I enjoyed them, the rest was sooooo not worth it. Unless you like your ears and eyes to bleed.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

i was kinda disappointed w/ the performances, esp. 50 cent, which was embarrassingly sluggish. even snoop couldn't salvage it.

thing about rap performances is that they always have 40 ppl on the stage w/ them. a ballsy performance would be to go out there by urself, like eminem.

Duck Sauce

I liked the whole show, except the whole Good Charlotte-queerpunk thing.... 50 Cents performance was about as exciting as "State and Main"

Sleuth

Eminem is so tough, did you see him beat up a Crank Yanker :shock:
I like to hug dogs

A Matter Of Chance

I would've rather have seen him beat up triumph that insulting dog!

but i liked the opening of the show and some parts of it were good.

RegularKarate

He should have had Triumph up there so they could make up... Triumph is the coolest dog puppet in the world and Eminem is a Tard for getting upset when he came 'round last year.

Vile5

Quote from: MacGuffinYou'll have to see it to really get the effect of how their award was rushed. They came out with Agfa Lavine and Kelly Osbourne, did their stupid banter about how DD never won an award and started showing clips from their videos. Then, they spring a 'surprise' on DD, with Kelly telling them here are your awards while some guy comes out and passes out awards to the members, who seem actually surprised, and had no idea. But because of that surprise MTV did, it seemed to undermine the validity and respect of DD's achievement. It seemed more of a make-up award rather than taking the time to do a carrer timeline of DD. The audience seemed bored and didn't care what was going on. Kelly told them to stand up. Simon LeBon gave his thanks, then it was on to the next award.
so sad  :(
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Lucinda Bryte

Chris rock after Good Charlotte's performance: "Good Charlotte? More like a mediocre Green Day"

Ahaha priceless.

Other good jokes of his~

On seating arrangements: "See the Olsen twins are down there... which is why R.Kelly is all the way up there."

On American Idol: "Asking Paula Abdul to judge a singing contest is like asking Christopher Reeve to judge a dancing contest."

Anyway the fact that Cash lost to Timberlake in the Best Male Video catagory was a letdown, but the fact that he lost Video of the Year to Missy freaking Elliot was a travesty.

Ugh the Cash video was pure art. Missy and Timberlake have to rely on special effects and dance routines.

On GC's performance: Well it sucked. And ruining your instruments is so dumb. "Hee look at us! We are sooooo angry. Let's destroy thousands of dollars of equipment because we are repressed angry rockers!" Lame.

Beyonce is a horrid lip syncher.

The opening performance was kinda cool. Christina is so ugly though.

Ahh what else...

Let me just copy and paste a few things I said from another board.

First of all "In Da Club" was just like every other rap video.

Girls dancing. More girls dancing. The end.

At least the Cash video was thought provoking and moving. You could hear the pain in his voice and he sang with such passion.

I have appreciation for some rap music but a guy singing about being in a club, and having sex, and then having a bunch of scantily clad women dancing around him isn't original. There are tons of rap songs/videos like that.

The end. :)

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

ok here is my two or should i say 50 cents on the awards

madonna britney and christina A MASTERPEICE

And  cute girls who work at the mall have been toying with bi sexuality for a while now , at bars and at partys and to make their boyfriends happy they tell them bi fantasy stories or go to strip clubs and get dances
and this britney maddona thing will now make it offical that it should be manditory that all cute girls fuck one another  :wink:

chris rocks jokes were great that reuban from american idol joke nearlly made me pass out " eat a salad" dear lord was that funny , but his delivery was off and some of his jokes ( you can tell the ones other people wrote for him) were dated " mtv is so old that it now watchs vh1"
first of all vh1 quit being the micheal bolton network  years ago and now they have out done mtv, they had a whole show about great ass's i swear it was called booty call and they had a panel talk about great butts , how cool is that, and i love the 80's wasnt that the best show, so chris was hit and miss and he looked like he was less confident then his first time, his second time was crap, the second time he hosted he wasnt funny he was just being rude and not funny and rude like he was the first time

so chris rock as a host
First time 10
second time 0
third time 5 and a half

but saying "See the Olsen twins are down there... which is why R.Kelly is all the way up there" is a masterpeice, its just he looked rushed and distracted

ok what else anyone saying that justin timberlake is a idiot, is one themselves " cry me a river" is a masterpeice written by one of the best producers ever timberland, dont know his work look up a song called Pony by ginuine

and 50 cent earned every award and should of won more, this is his year this is his world, maybe next year he will be dead or worse making a cheesy album like  " 50 cent presents " a compilation of all my friends who eminem wont sign"

remember snoop and the eastsiders

its 2003 were not in duran duran mode wrong year to give them their due, but the record company wanted to hype their comeback, but the world is like " so what" just like the lollapaloser tour which died a quick death

missy should not have won that was justins award

and maybe they should of hurried up and did a tribute to johhny cash who couldnt make it, chris at one point said he had to stretch

well anyways people who say they hate mtv, im gonna try and be nice and say go right ahead and diss it they dont care or need you

but to prove my point about how p.r people tell celebs what bands to name drop to look cool

who did justin timberlake say was his favorite band ......... coldplay

was he full of shit yes, but just as full of shit as that college kid who lets his professer ( a failed artist in their own write because those who cant do teach) tell him what to say is cool

and last but not least beyonce somebody has to teach her what the concept of lip synching is all about when i wasnt looking at her ass and she would turn around her voice was singing her lips were not moving

????????????  

she is into ventriloquism who knew wow  could she be the next willie tyler and lester of her ganeration ,  Fuck ???? that is one bad ass party trick

the metalica bit was ::yawns:: and good charlete winning was a joke someone tampered with something and edited the real votes , picolos do you work for mtv, their song reminds me of some sort of teen movie anthem, who would vote for them and are they really that good or just mearlly better then ezra but less then jake

Pas

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesbut saying "See the Olsen twins are down there... which is why R.Kelly is all the way up there" is a masterpeice

That was a great line indeed ! Rock did a good job I tough, better than last year as you said.

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesok what else anyone saying that justin timberlake is a idiot, is one themselves " cry me a river" is a masterpeice written by one of the best producers ever timberland, dont know his work look up a song called Pony by ginuine

Maybe so but...
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneswho did justin timberlake say was his favorite band ......... coldplay
He's an idiot cause he tries so hard to be cool it becomes funny. Like, "Whaz up y'all up there ?" or "I wish I was a black man y'all !" or "Hee Hee I'm so white". Ok, that was not him, but still.

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesand 50 cent earned every award and should of won more, this is his year this is his world, maybe next year he will be dead or worse making a cheesy album like  " 50 cent presents " a compilation of all my friends who eminem wont sign"

What the hell ... he should have gotten more awards because he might get shot ? Shit, let's start giving awards to Yaser Arafat asap ! He's definietly the best singer, since next year he might be dead too. Did you see that video where 50 cents is in a hack of GTA3 ? It might be the worst piece of shit video ever. And his "songs" ... don't even want to comment them.

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesand last but not least beyonce somebody has to teach her what the concept of lip synching is all about when i wasnt looking at her ass and she would turn around her voice was singing her lips were not moving

She didn't even try. I tought it was sad, and lame. But I still got a boner. Dammit.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: lamasaguilera is so greasy and nasty.  i wouldn't even touch that bitch with a 5 foot dildo.
'

Hey Alguien! The gay-mafia is still going strong on xixax. I suggest the mambo-brothers strikes back!