Do you lurk at XIXAX.com?

Started by Tictacbk, August 06, 2010, 04:23:54 AM

ono

Side note.  This site should really have a t-shirt.  Provocative design, and enough of us jokers wear it, we might get some more of the right element here.  With an allusion to "sex acts," of course, and the ubiquitous film reel present.  Something like.  "you say it sex acts."  Or maybe am amalgamation of all these different pronunciations with "sex acts" being the punch line.  "a film site like no other."  M'eh.  Just shooting from the hip here.  "Come for the film, stay for the circle jerks."  Any one of our marquees could make a t-shirt slogan.  If I go through the marquees now I lose the post, so *click*.

EDIT: Added bonus of whatever revenue generated going to the site's server costs.

Tictacbk

ono

I feel old.

Okay, a quick diversion in the form of a relevant past blast:

Quote from: P on March 31, 2005, 08:29:08 AM
Quote from: SiliasRubyMaybe I'm being ignorant or something but shouldn't this thread be locked. There is already a thread about todd solondz....
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=891
today u are a man.

polkablues

Quote from: ono on August 06, 2010, 05:18:13 PM
zick zax

Ono pronounces it the way I pronounce it, so that must mean he's right.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek

Yeah, I've been coming here pretty well since it started, was on the old PT Anderson website before. Check it out probably 4-5 times per week, post in streaks, not as interested in posting as I used to be. I'm in my early thirties, and I feel old coming here sometimes. I feel like a lurker because I don't have 5,000+ posts.

Is Duck Sauce still around? Didn't he used to have a Count Chocula avatar? Or was that the old board?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

polkablues

Quote from: Derek on August 06, 2010, 09:49:16 PM
Is Duck Sauce still around? Didn't he used to have a Count Chocula avatar? Or was that the old board?

No, yes, and both.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jtm

i'm a total lurker. when i do post something, it never seems to go well.

and i'm with gold trumpet on the pronunciation. i've always called it "ix-axe"... i know it's wrong, but it just feels so right.

Pubrick

Please note that hardcore lurkers, people who have been reading the site and stealing our opinions for years but never registered, won't see this post cos idle chatter is hidden unless you're logged in.
under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

I come here since it started and I was also a poster on the old PTA forum, but over the years I've been posting less and less. Maybe it has something to do with english not being my native language that makes it feel easier to read than to write. But I login to ix-axe almost every day, even though I prefer sex-acts, because, well, I feel like I know a little bit about a lot of you, without really knowing much, and that's interesting. It's like "well, let's see what so and so has to say about this movie" or whatever.
Si

Sleepless

Quote from: jtm on August 06, 2010, 10:47:55 PM
i'm a total lurker. when i do post something, it never seems to go well.

and i'm with gold trumpet on the pronunciation. i've always called it "ix-axe"... i know it's wrong, but it just feels so right.

That's how I've always pronounced it too. If it's wrong, I'm not going to change my ways now.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

We're not exactly gentle to any new members trying to integrate themselves into the board.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jerome

i've known xixax (which i pronounce like nina hagen) since 2006 or so but only registered a year ago, and as you can tell by my post count, i definitely do more lurking than i do writing, even though i check in every day. i'll join elpandaroyal on the english not being my native language thing, which does often bring about laziness when it comes to forming an intelligible opinion on a film or whatever. but i still like to think i'm a part of the community, albeit a very discret, quiet one.

Reel

Quote from: Stefen on August 07, 2010, 12:47:24 PM
We're not exactly gentle to any new members trying to integrate themselves into the board.

Yeah when I started posting here a few years after I'd been lurking the board it was just nonsensical blithering crap and I actually look back on it and can see how self centered I was at the time. I understand the elder users keeping a firm hand over what the norm is for the site because theres a lot of potential for us to fall into bullshit gray areas that don't mean anything and we should expect eachother to be smarter than that.

rustinglass

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal on August 07, 2010, 06:21:12 AM
I come here since it started and I was also a poster on the old PTA forum, but over the years I've been posting less and less. Maybe it has something to do with english not being my native language that makes it feel easier to read than to write. But I login to ix-axe almost every day, even though I prefer sex-acts, because, well, I feel like I know a little bit about a lot of you, without really knowing much, and that's interesting. It's like "well, let's see what so and so has to say about this movie" or whatever.

I relate to what panda said. Also, in my case, I stopped posting and visiting abruptly about 4 years ago, and I dind't even lurk for a long time. But I've been coming here in the last few weeks and it's one of my favorite places on the internet again. But when I was in highschool this place was a big part of my life. I used to tell my friends and my brother about stuff that was written here... I came here every single day.
I've been trying to think about why I don't post here often, and I can't even make up my mind about it. I think most of the times I really feel like I have nothing to add to a conversation. I really learned a lot about films in this place, and I met panda in real life and we have been keeping in touch from time to time.
I'd like to become a more active member in the future but there's a lot going on in my life right now and I just can't dedicate so much time to this place as I did a few years a go.
I pronouce it zigzacks.

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica