(Wes Anderson) Writting an essay on themes NEED HELP!

Started by ISeeColorBars, November 09, 2004, 05:40:57 PM

ISeeColorBars

Hello fellow Max Fischer Players... I need some help. I am currently writting an essay on the work of Wes Anderson (my favorite director) and I need some help. I had written a similar paper three years ago but I have now lost it so I am trying to refresh my memory on the topic of---common themes (ie elements, occurances0 and this is what I have so far--

- costumes
-same casting
-Childrens interaction with adults
-dreams of granduer- the dreamer and overacheiver
-names based on real people
-betrayl, unrequited love, freindship
-long shots, long takes, on location shooting ( the creation of an un absolute time an place prevelent in each film)
- opening sequences- stage- chapters in a book

what am i forgetting ? or do you have any intersting comments to make on any of these or sources? I know if anyone can help me a bit it would be fellow fans. So .. go crazy and impress us all, thank you for your help i appreciate it more than you know- Rushmore Yankee-- Andrea
"Film lovers are sick people."- Francois Truffaut

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

modage

rolling stones
a dead parent
liars/delusional characters
plays

i'd have to rewatch them to think of more.  there are tons.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: ISeeColorBarsAndrea
that's all u had to say.

welcome to xixax.
under the paving stones.

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: ISeeColorBarsAndrea
that's all u had to say.

welcome to xixax.

but beware! for Andrea or Andreas is also used for men.
context, context, context.

ISeeColorBars

haha I assure you that I am not a man. Thats funny becaus emy great grandfather would always scold my parents, because he would always say " you name her Andrea, that is a boys name where I am from. So he called me AJ,.... But anyways thanks for the help so far. I think I know what I am going to write on. One part I am excited to write about is how Wes can put music to an image so well, I just thought about that.:)
"Film lovers are sick people."- Francois Truffaut

A Matter Of Chance

You could probably say something about J.D. Salinger's influence on Wes Anderson.

Also:
-Water
-The passing of glory (max, the tenenbaums)

joebuck

And you could write about the relationships (or the lack thereof) between young people and fathers and/or father figures (Rushmore, Tennanbaums).

Or you could talk about recurring actors - Kumar.  :-D