Catherine Keener

Started by godardian, April 05, 2006, 02:45:13 PM

godardian

...somewhat heroic!

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-04-05/#celeb3

"Jennifer Aniston was amazed when Catherine Keener shielded her from a reporter on Today, after the journalist persistently questioned Aniston over reported wedding plans. Yesterday's interview grew tense when Jill Rappaport asked the former Friends actress to comment on reports talk show queen Oprah Winfrey is planning to throw an $8 million wedding for the star and her new boyfriend Vince Vaughn. The actresses were appearing on the show to promote their upcoming movie Friends with Money, but the interview inevitably turned to Aniston's personal life. Rappaport asked the intrusive question just moments after Aniston had expressed reluctance to talk about her private life. Keener snapped, "I thought you weren't going to go there?" But the reporter persisted, saying she was curious because she had never been to an $8 million wedding, only for Keener to bite back with, "And now you won't be." Aniston remained tight-lipped throughout the debacle."

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

©brad

godardian

Quote from: ©brad on April 05, 2006, 02:53:53 PM
keener's a badass. 

I've always thought so, but then again, my first impression of her came from Your Friends & Neighbors (STILL haven't seen Living in Oblivion).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Keener, Page charged with "Crime" roles
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Catherine Keener and "Hard Candy" vixen Ellen Page will star in "An American Crime," a drama based on the true story of a sadistic woman and her young victim.

Page will play Sylvia Likens, a 16-year-old girl who died in 1965 while under the care of a woman named Gertrude Baniszewski (Keener). She put Sylvia through an ordeal that included beatings in the guise of discipline, burnings with cigarettes and matches and scalding hot baths, among other tortures. Encouraging a "Lord of the Flies"-type cult, Baniszewski involved her own children and children from her Indianapolis neighborhood in the punishments.

"As a kid growing up in Indianapolis, this was a case that was always a dark part of the town's history," said the film's director, Tommy O'Haver.

Page is currently in theaters with "Hard Candy," playing a teen emasculator. Keener co-stars with Jennifer Aniston in "Friends with Money."

First Look Studios is financing the movie, which will shoot next month in Los Angeles.

Keener was nominated for Oscars for her supporting work in both "Capote" and "Being John Malkovich." Page next appears as Kitty Pryde in "X-Men: The Last Stand." O'Haver last directed the romantic fantasy "Ella Enchanted."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Mulroney Files for Divorce From Keener

Dermot Mulroney has filed for divorce, seeking to end his nearly 17-year marriage to Catherine Keener.

The 43-year-old actor cited irreconcilable differences and asked for joint custody of their 7-year-old son, Clyde, according to documents filed Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

The couple, who appeared in the 2001 film "Lovely & Amazing," were married in November 1990 and separated in May 2005, the documents said. An after-hours e-mail to Keener's publicist wasn't immediately returned.

Mulroney's screen credits include "My Best Friend's Wedding," "The Wedding Date," and "Georgia Rule."

Keener, who has two Oscar nominations for supporting roles in "Capote" and "Being John Malkovich," has also appeared in "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "The Ballad of Jack and Rose."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

did anyone else know that they were married? 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

yeah, i met the two of them and young clyde. i feel bad. i hate divorce. the poor kid.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls