Respect

Started by MacGuffin, October 25, 2003, 01:33:49 AM

godardian

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThe interaction between members on the board is what is dominant and thus, personalities show.

That's true, but like I said before: If you can't express your personality or "be yourself" without dashing any concept of boundaries or thoughtfulness, that's not something we should all have to pay for. I'm sure very few people here truly have personalities that revolve around playground/locker-room ideas of sex.

You've never had a problem with this, though, GT. Like you said, I'm sure we've all thought things we would never say, and we've all said things we would never (or should never) post here. I think that's a VERY GOOD thing.

And I disagree that is just one person being "picked on."
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

godardian

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: godardianbut it's still the same spectrum,
I dig ya man...but no, it's not the same spectrum, and realize I am not this complete homophob either.  Shit, my best friend since moving here is a gay little asian kid...so it's not a matter of that...but it's not the same thing.  At all.

Well, I think that indicates a lack of insight into the process of human sexuality. Are you actually saying you have more of a right to be sexually explicit here than I do because your heterosexuality is so radically different from my homosexuality? For the purposes of what we're talking about here, they are the same thing! Human sexuality exists on ONE spectrum, with strict heterosexuality on one end and strict homosexuality on the other (as per Kinsey), with many variations in between, but it seems it's mainly straight people and a few insecure gays that feel the need to distance themselves from this scientifically and socially useful fact.

Sexual (hetero, homo, or other) feelings don't need to be dwelled upon in graphic detail here. But please, please don't imagine that my sexual feelings are any less urgent, complicated, serious, or valid than yours. I think that if you think about it, you'll realize that that's a pretty dehumanizing and completely unfair attitude.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

aclockworkjj

Quote from: godardianAre you actually saying you have more of a right to be sexually explicit here than I do because your heterosexuality is so radically different from my homosexuality?
no, not at all...I wouldn't care 2 folds if you got into it.
QuotePlease, please don't imagine that my sexual feelings are any less urgent, complicated, serious, or valid than yours.
I don't at all...so try again.   Realize I understand you more so than most might sir...so it's not about that.  Stop fishing for jj to become no only the racist, the women hater...amd no the homo hater.  It just doesn't exist...sorry if I am not PC in my talks but my demeanor is not of a negative one.

picolas

Quote from: aclockworkjjthere is one negative I see coming out of this: it's the fact some are being molded.  Saying this is how you should act, post, think, and agree with always.  I am talking broader than me being a dipshit.  A lot of you are soley thread fillers (nothing wrong with that), but there are a few I know that have gangs of opinions...but don't share them cause they may not fit into this "xixaxian behavior".  If you think there aren't a few that will in fact try to mold you...think again.  Don't "post like this", "post like this"...do this, and whatever you do, "don't ever disagree" with a few.
Quote from: aclockworkjjI understand what you are trying to say...but realize you have been gone for a long time.
Quote from: aclockworkjjnote to all xixaxers...follow JB's lead if you want to be respected.  If you don't you will get threatened to be banned....
kick yourself in the head for me please? with a metal boot?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: picolaskick yourself in the head for me please? with a metal boot?
why...when i have you to do so? that is great imput pic...care to eloborate?
ps. I am not starting anything...but you just declared  my point.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: aclockworkjjA lot of you are soley thread fillers
How's that saying go?  The pot calling the kettle black?

Sleuth

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Quote from: aclockworkjjA lot of you are soley thread fillers
How's that saying go?  The pot calling the kettle black?

it goes

The pot will call the kettle black/  It's a drunken punchup at a wedding!

...yeah...
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

Quote from: tremoloslothThe pot will call the kettle black/  It's a drunken punchup at a wedding!

...yeah...
I dunno...why you bother... :wink:

godardian

Quote from: godardianAre you actually saying you have more of a right to be sexually explicit here than I do because your heterosexuality is so radically different from my homosexuality?
no, not at all...I wouldn't care 2 folds if you got into it.
QuotePlease, please don't imagine that my sexual feelings are any less urgent, complicated, serious, or valid than yours.
I don't at all...so try again.   Realize I understand you more so than most might sir...so it's not about that.  Stop fishing for jj to become no only the racist, the women hater...amd no the homo hater.  It just doesn't exist...sorry if I am not PC in my talks but my demeanor is not of a negative one.

All I was saying is that for the purposes of what we're talking about here, the idea of me slobbering all over some guy explicitly here and you slobbering all over some girl explicitly here would equal the same thing: A gross error in judgment and consideration. Can't we at least agree on that? I'm not trying to pick on you. I'm not trying to paint you as some evil person. I think you're being a little contrary, though. I don't have specifically negative feelings toward you. But I can't stand it when people can't acknowledge the equality of certain things, sexual or otherwise. Here and elsewhere, the rights AND responsibilities should be equal. I have the right to post just as you do; I have the responsibility to consider what I post, just as you do.

Gamblour.

Quote from: godardianI'm trying to paint you as some evil person.

Uh oh. A little flip of the singers...?
WWPTAD?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreI know that there's been a lot of half-way complaints about not being able to find girls in the real world who dig movies like Magnolia. I don't have any specific threads to reference, but I do remember that's popped up a few times. Perhaps this generalization has carried over into the realm of equating movie tastes with intellect and we let it come out, as you said, in a way relating to sex.

I agree.

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreThis is just pure conjecture, I'm just hypothesizing the psychology of the whole situation. Just trying to "...look closer."  :yabbse-tongue:

We need more of that.  :yabbse-thumbup:

aclockworkjj

Quote from: godardianA gross error in judgment and consideration. Can't we at least agree on that?
no, cause you wouldn't offend me if you did....just saying.
QuoteI have the right to post just as you do;
apparently I don't...or at least have to watch what I say...

godardian

Quote from: Gamblor the Manwhore
Quote from: godardianI'm trying to paint you as some evil person.

Uh oh. A little flip of the singers...?

Edited, of course. NOT a Freudian slip.  :oops:

godardian

no, cause you wouldn't offend me if you did....just saying.

That's not the point... the point is, either of us doing so would contribute to an atmosphere that's not what this board is supposed to be about. We would be detracting from it, rather than contributing.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: godardianThat's not the point... the point is, either of us doing so would contribute to an atmosphere that's not what this board is supposed to be about. We would be detracting from it, rather than contributing.
if this board was strickly about film...I would agree...but I think it's obvious a lot of us have more than just that to talk about...maybe I am wrong, but like the worlds we live in...this board is proof that even though it's film that brings us together....

...all...I mean ALL ...have much more to say.
Quote from: Weak2ndActHow's that saying go?  The pot calling the kettle black?
hey writer...write this into yer shit....I wasn't saying it in a negative way.