Started by MacGuffin, November 12, 2008, 09:34:52 PM

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer

Release date: July 10, 2009

Starring: John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton, Oliver Platt

Directed by: Roland Emmerich, Aaron Boyd 

Premise: A global cataclysm brings about the end of the world in 2012.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Who am I kidding... as much as this guy pisses me off with his ideas, I still enjoy seeing them!

Pozer

Quote from: Pozer on October 04, 2007, 04:04:53 PM
can the guy make a movie that doesn't have what point in time it is in the title?

Fernando

This hack stole that music, can't believe no one pointed that out:

RegularKarate

Quote from: Fernando on November 13, 2008, 02:03:47 PM

That's not stealing... a teaser trailer almost never has music from the actual film.

I'm definitely going to see this... his movies are always good for a laugh.

Fernando

Quote from: RegularKarate on November 13, 2008, 02:28:47 PM
Quote from: Fernando on November 13, 2008, 02:03:47 PM

That's not stealing... a teaser trailer almost never has music from the actual film.

I'm definitely going to see this... his movies are always good for a laugh.

I exaggerated, he ain't a hack or a thief, but, that music was made or arranged* for the shining, SK didn't use it in the movie so he used it in the trailer.

* I don't remember if Wendy Carlos was the composer of that piece or if she took something already made like the intro of the film and arranged it.

Sleepless

Between this and Crystal Skull, Chris Carter must be scratching his head as to what an X-Files threequel would look like if he did go the mythology route.

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

Sony delays Emmerich's '2012'
Action film moves from July 10 to Nov. 13
Source: Variety

Sony is pushing back the release of Roland Emmerich's actioner "2012" from July 10 to Nov. 13, the same date the studio used to launch the previous two James Bond pics.

Sony prexy of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer said the studio has a very strong summer slate -- including tentpole "Angels and Demons" (May 15) and Denzel Washington-John Travolta actioner "The Taking of Pelham One Two Three" (June 12) -- and it made sense to move "2012" to November.

Also, Sony has international distribution rights to McG's "Terminator: Salvation," which opens day-and-date on May 22. Warners is releasing domestically.

Sony said "2012" would have been ready in time for July 10.

In its new date, the Emmerich pic goes up against Warner Bros.' Robert Downey Jr. topliner "Sherlock Holmes," which likewise opens Nov. 13, along with 20th Century Fox family film "Tooth Fairy."

On Nov. 20, four titles enter the market, including Sony's family toon "Planet 51" and "Twilight" sequel "New Moon."

The decision to take "2012" out of July -- prime summer B.O. real estate -- will prompt other studios to review their release calendars and see if moving something to the July 10 slot makes sense.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Every time I see this, I think that someone finally made a movie out of Rush's 2112.

WWPTAD?

Pozer

Emmerich will one day.

Quote from: Pozer on November 13, 2008, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: Pozer on October 04, 2007, 04:04:53 PM
can the guy make a movie that doesn't have what point in time it is in the title?

The Ultimate Badass

Quote from: Morgan Freeman won't narrate my doc on November 13, 2008, 02:03:47 PM

He stole the whole sequence. Shameless.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

i love/hate how danny glover is just there as the token black president, not saying a word. and nice delivery, Ejio'.

Gold Trumpet

I wonder if they will continually repeat the "Left Behind" part of the tagline for the Christian section of the audience.

hedwig

man, movies like this and "Knowing" can best be described as apocalypsploitation.. stupid, ridiculous rendering of real issues/possibilities. oh well. ain't nothin' like the real thing.

Quote from: hedwig on February 24, 2009, 07:30:38 PMfingers crossed for 2012. :shock: