Kill Bill trailer

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 03:02:30 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Satcho9

Whose decision do you think it was to put all that "The 4th film from Quentin Tarantino" shit at the beginning. Seems a little pompous.

Dirk

I didn't think too much of the trailer to be honest. If it weren't by Tarantino, I would have thought it was the sequel to Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever  :?
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

zerocool41

I think it's great...and i personally loved the 'forth film by quentin" thing...film buffs know that, and everyone else doesn't really care..it just seemed 'neat' to be succinct.  The movie itself should be outstanding if the script is any clue.  The scene where uma's in a coma sounds awesome, if he kept it in..oh..spoiler.
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

Cecil

Quote from: Satcho9Whose decision do you think it was to put all that "The 4th film from Quentin Tarantino" shit at the beginning. Seems a little pompous.

tarantinos. its even written on the title page of the script in a reportedly "childish scrawl."

luvfilm2

I didn't get to see it.  I spent a good halfhour downloading quik time and the thing never showed me the trailer.  Damn! :evil:

Duck Sauce

I liked it a lot despite it looking kind of like Charlies Angels meets Crouching Tiger. I cant wait, I liked the music and I like seeing Tarantinos name. Many of you know my hatred towards CGI, and I hope that airplane improves. Why is it a year we have to wait again?

ElPandaRoyal

this trailer rocks..... and the movie will kick ass! I'm beting on it.
Si

©brad

The cinematog. looks pretty amazing, the best of any Tarantino film to date. It's interesting that Tarantino hired Robert Richardson as DP, who is one of the 5 best DPs working today, but since Robert shot all of Oliver Stone's movies, including Natural Born Killers, a movie that Tarantino was very unhappy with.

©brad

Tarantino really is the only director who could pull off "the fourth film" thing. I can only imagine the PDL trailer, with the titlecard "The fourth film  by Paul Thomas Anderson" people would be going, "uhhh, ok" LOL

Shouldn't he be kind of embarassed that he has only made four films? I don't think its something to be proud of. Robert Altman has made some 75 films. Can't wait to see the trailer for The Company, his new film about ballet starring Neve Campell- "USA films presents... the 76th film....by Robert Altman"

RegularKarate

I love that trailer - I saw it in front of Gangs and ran home and downloaded it...

I think a lot of people don't really get the feel for this film, which is why a lot of people will think it's stupid, but man oh man, I'm seein' the shit out of that movie.

buck swope

nothing about this trailer makes me want to see this movie

it only makes me want to pretend that this film isn't even happening

"the 4th film by Quentin Tarantino"..........

ok, well since Jackie Browne came out in 1997, Steven Soderbergh has directed 7, did you hear me: SEVEN films!!! (Out of Sight, The Limey, Erin Brokovich, Traffic, Ocean's 11, Full Frontal, Solaris)

shit, even i - tim day - have released more films in the last 5 years than Quentin

and it's not like with Kubrick where the film might actually be worth the wait

I still think Quentin can turn things around - i mean, if he can resurrect Travolta's career, he should be able to resurrect his own - but he needs to put this piece of shit behind him and get back to what got him on top.

-tim-

Duck Sauce

Quote from: buck swope
ok, well since Jackie Browne came out in 1997, Steven Soderbergh has directed 7, did you hear me: SEVEN films!!! (Out of Sight, The Limey, Erin Brokovich, Traffic, Ocean's 11, Full Frontal, Solaris)

Excellent point. What was it again? Who cares how many movies other directors made, its not a contest to direct as many as possible. Different people work at different paces. I like the "4th film" thing, 1. because It is kind of cocky, I like that from Tarantino and 2. It is a good marketing ploy to fill the theaters with people who thought Pulp Fiction was great but arent necesarily film buffs. And I am waiting on this movie like it was one of Kubricks, that is how much I like Tarantino.

MacGuffin

Quote from: buck swopeI still think Quentin can turn things around - i mean, if he can resurrect Travolta's career, he should be able to resurrect his own - but he needs to put this piece of shit behind him and get back to what got him on top.

From Entertainment Weekly:

When Quentin Tarantino, basking in the adulation of "Pulp Fiction," was asked what he would do next, the director quipped, "I'm gonna do a Terrence Malick."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks