all things iPod (buying, using, breaking)

Started by cron, January 15, 2004, 11:48:12 AM

Kal

Just got the iPod Nano 4GB, Black... its absolutely amazing... I saw it and bought it... complete impulse

I have the 40GB Color one, but this one is just unbelievably small and cool. I dont know how Im gonna put my 25GB of songs and photos in there, but I guess I'll figure it out...

squints

So as i was looking through the My Playlist thread with the lists getting up to 45-50+...i had an idea for something quicker.
Plug your ol' pod into your comp, bring up iTunes and click on the "Number of times played" (i'm not positive that's it but its something similar) and you'll see what song you've listened to the most. Its interesting to see what pops up. Example: a buddy of mine is hell bent on cementing his "indie" music cred with everyone by claiming the Arcade Fire or The Postal Service or whatever's new to be the best thing ever despite the fact that the number one song most played on his iPod is Trick Daddy's "Pull Ova That Ass Too Fat"

Mine's: Andrew Bird "Fake Palindromes" 26 times
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Gamblour.

I don't own an ipod. Anyone else still carrying around antiquities known as cd players?
WWPTAD?

ono

I couldn't hear you -- I was busy changing my 8 Track.

squints

Quote from: GamblourI don't own an ipod. Anyone else still carrying around antiquities known as cd players?

get with the times grandpa  :yabbse-wink:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

72teeth

:cry: i still sport a discman....
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reinhold

i've had my ipod for about a week. i'm already completely addicted to it. i don't think i'll ever not have an mp3 or equivalent device from this point forward.

naked as we came, by iron and wine (8 times)
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Reinhold Messner
naked as we came, by iron and wine (8 times)

That's my favorite song of theirs.
WWPTAD?

matt35mm

Hmm, wow, mine is "Glory" by Liz Phair from Exile in Guyville (218 times).  I wouldn't have guessed that, but I do love that song.

Although that's the top of the iTunes list, not specifically the iPod list.

Ravi

Quote from: 72teeth:cry: i still sport a discman....

I'll stick with my iCylinder.

Reinhold

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: 72teeth:cry: i still sport a discman....

I'll stick with my iCylinder.

that's cool, but it still uses an iPod.

(i had to google it to find out what it was. iCylinder)
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Alethia

okay i just got one of these fucking things for christmas, and its really pissing me off because no matter what order i import the songs from itunes into my ipod window on the computer (the order i am going for is the order that the songs would be on the actual album, because i like to listen to albums in their entirety) it ALWAYS shows up on my ipod in alphabetical order - is there any way around this?  even when i do it directly from the few cd's ive actually bought (i download 90% of what i listen to) it still puts them in alphabetical order.  everyone i know who has one doesnt know what to do and calling the apple hotline has proved pretty useless.....HELP ME

edison

I dont have an ipod, but what i did for my creative zen was put an 01, 02, 03..... in front of the song title (if you can edit the song title) and that way the tracks are in order of the cd. Its a little bit of work but in the end its well worth it.....and thats only if there isnt a better way with the ipod

Alethia

worth a shot

EDIT

didn't work, any other suggestions?