Author Topic: Interstellar  (Read 11409 times)

Kellen

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +60
Re: Interstellar
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2014, 12:25:35 AM »
Matt Damon though  :yabbse-thumbdown:

I feel like watching it on a normal movie screen didn't do it justice; Definitely gonna check it out on our local IMAX theater.  Yeah it was lovey-dovey/silly at times but you know what? I'd rather have Nolan using a studios money to make something huge (even if it is a misfire with some people) rather than Bay or whoever wants to make a Transformers movie.

Alexandro

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +470
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2014, 08:33:26 AM »
+3
this is the worst movie I've seen since The Dark Knight Rises. I'm now out of the nolan boat for good. the dude is out of control, each new film is longer, more absurd than the last. about 20 minutes in I knew this wasn't looking good and it just got worse by the minute. yet I have to recognize there are some great sequences here and there, but scattered through hours of boring dialogue, cardboard characters and bad performances. almost all of the dialogue is cringeworthy, not even jessica chastain can save some of it.

mcconaughey does what he can, and he has two effective emotional moments, but damn that first hour with him blabbering endlessly about what we used to be and how we used to look at the stars, my eyes kept rolling. again, like in TDKR, there was anne hathaway doing nothing. and when matt damon showed up I just started laughing.

very interesting idea just blown out of proportion. the visuals were ok, but I never felt the awe of something like 2001.
fuck this.

samsong

• Respect: +218
    • http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=samsong
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »
+1
it took a lot of restraint not audibly saying "matte day min" a la Team America when he showed up.  then he said, "pray that you never feel the relief of seeing another face after so long" or whatever his line is and i went back to waiting for the movie to be over.  I've thought about seeing this again on the big screen but the 20 or so minutes of good  isn't worth enduring the movie again.

big hero 6 was better.

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +994
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2014, 03:29:29 AM »
+2
Did Matt Damon Gerry up the rendezvous or WHAT?!
You can go to places in the world with pudding. That. Is. Funny.

Sleepless

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • I told you I would eat you
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 09:07:53 AM »
Spoilers

Not a fan, unfortunately. I wanted to like it, but it turned out to be the most humorless episode of Doctor Who there never was. Obviously there were strong elements to it, but it never really seemed sure of what it wanted to be about. For all the criticisms that Nolan has faced in the past for being too cold and emotionless, this film suffered for the opposite. Not all of the family-emotional dynamics were bad, of course, but the fact that they culminated in the whole "ghost behind the bookcase" scenario was a step too far into Spielbergian sentimentality for me. Of course, the clues were there from the get go (the "ghost", who are "they - future humanity obvs, duh) but I think this would have been a much more interesting piece of cinema if it had struck to the realistic science rule that it seemed to start out with - and that much of the marketing of this was based around. But from the moment MM survived the attack by MD it was obvious this was going to do a big 180 from a true sci fi experience into a bonafide "crowdpleasing" blockbuster. Disappointing.

Neil

• Being genuine just isn't enough these days.
  • Respect: +157
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2015, 02:15:34 PM »
Spoiling stuff:

Robots will save us all.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy