Author Topic: Woody Allen  (Read 61569 times)

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1138
Re: Woody Allen
« Reply #465 on: August 07, 2015, 08:11:55 PM »
I admit, I have never heard the word "lensing" before.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

wilder

• Respect: +1450
« Reply #466 on: January 25, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »
Miley Cyrus & Elaine May To Star In Woody Allen's Amazon Series
via The Playlist

Deadline reports that the unlikely duo of Miley Cyrusand the legendary screenwriter and director Elaine May ("Tootsie," "The Heartbreak Kid") will star in Woody Allen's Amazon series. And believe it or not, there are some details. The series will run across six half-hour episodes, and be set in the 1960s. Other than that, no exact plot details, but it's a reunion for May and Allen who previously worked together on the director's "Small Time Crooks."

Production will begin in March, with Allen at the helm of all the episodes (he wrote the entire thing too). You'll probably have to wait until 2017 to see the results, but as per usual, Allen already has his next movie in the can, the untitled movie starring Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Steve Carell, Blake Lively, and Parker Posey.

tpfkabi

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +21
    • twitter deed, twitter dead. in the heart or in the head?
« Reply #467 on: September 01, 2016, 05:54:18 PM »
Irrational Man was wonderful, don't buy the trailers. ...From the reviews I've read people are bringing a lot of their own Woody baggage in and comparing it to his previous films/LIFE which I didn't do.

Finally saw Irrational Man. I enjoyed it, too. Ever since I saw Adaptation I always have the thought that voice overs are a sign of weakness - ha! Emma Stone looked great, though she looks a little scary when she gets emotional.

Re: reviews - I feel the same about a lot of artists who have done well for a long time. If this film had been a director's first film a lot of people would say that this would be someone to watch to see what they do next.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +891
« Reply #468 on: December 04, 2016, 09:00:59 AM »
+5

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy