I can get a free ticket to one of these shows:

Started by Reinhold, September 01, 2005, 03:25:47 PM

modage

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerupdate:

i can go to all of them for free.

tickets for the public, depending on where you sit are:

$50, $40, or $30
there goes that decision.  damn, thats kinda expensive.  (really expensive).  i would probably still go to the Altman or Lee ones for 30 bucks though if it were IN new york but since i have no idea how to get out there i'm probably not going.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

yeah, that is really expensive.

but as for not knowing how to get here, see p1 for directions.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Reinhold

altman was fantastic tonight. he looked really healthy... no wheel chair, good skin color, clear voice, etc. he was also very funny.  i was in the second row, about 15 feet from him.

i found a few things interesting... the shot of the American Airlines plane in the beginning of Nashville was an accident, he and donald sutherland hate each other, alfred hitchcock gave him his start, he thinks DVD's  and stupid people are the end of cinema, and the advice he gave to a 14-year-old boy who asked him for advice was, "don't take advice from people who aren't telling you to do it your own way. only your way will work for you, because you're the only one who is you. you just gotta have the courage to put one foot in front of the other, figure out what exactly your way is, and if other people don't like your way, fuck 'em."

somebody asked about whether he'd consider doing a satire peace based on the current US administration... his response was, "i find... it's very hard to do a satire-- on satire."   

he thinks that magnolia is the best PTA film.

people also asked about Prairie Home Companion, and how in-touch he feels he is with American film viewers. he gave a long, insightful answer about feeling older and noticing his age, and having other people notice his age, and how he often feels aware of a disconnect between him and audiences. he finished with, "i've given up on trying to connect with 14-year-old boys, even if they're the ones who spend money on movies. -- Although, I do wish I could connect with more 18-year-old girls." nobody laughed at first and there was this weird moment of tension, and then he kinda nodded and smiled, like he was giving people permission, and then everybody did laugh.

it was a really good time.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

hedwig

Quote from: Robert Altman
I've given up on trying to connect with 14-year-old boys, even if they're the ones who spend money on movies. Although, I do wish I could connect with more 18-year-old girls.

Quote from: Pubrick on October 24, 2005, 02:38:21 AM
yeah, the filthy old soomka!